Thursday, June 14, 2012

Keep the Sabbath Holy


my train that I made for Farmer's Market :)
Well today I got to prepare a craft for kids to make a 'train' to go around their head!  Man-this is the life. ;)
Ok but really..this week has been super awesome of having a 'routine' of things.  Like breakfast is either a bagel or cereal.  I usually play with the kids for a little bit.
Then weekdays Jason and I head to the office to either meet with Zach or just be productive of a variety of things here.
 Friday's are 'prep' day and what I am deeming 'relationship' day to hang out with one or two people that go to Celebration!
Saturdays are farmer's market and listen to them play worship music.
Sunday is church. 
Then monday is 'sabbath'.
 
I have never honestly considered a WHOLE day of my week to be a 'sabbath' to cease from work or school and just do restful things.  It was pretty awesome to do it-if that is all I learn from all of this it is more than enough.  It is a command to keep the sabbath holy.  And this is something I have genuinely failed at for my almost 5 whole years of knowing Christ.  I want each area of my life to be His and it's cool that I am getting to fix another area here in Ottawa.

I get to attend church this week as a 'church goer' instead of a volunteer and am super excited about that.  However I LOVE living with a Christian family because though I don't get to have mass fellowship with Christians each Sunday-the house I am living at is basically like that becasue people come over ALL the time-so it's great to live with the pastor ;)

Random things I have tried this week:
-riding the bus with Jason
-riding the bus by my self (doing it tonight-EEP!)
-tried REAL spaghetti
-tried Bruchetta
-navigating through St. Pauls buidling
-pouring water into a bottle with paper (fail moment)
-Tim Hortons (like dunkin' donuts but as prevalent as McDonalds in Canada)
-went to Bulk Barn (like sams but for cooking things and you buy things by the wieght)
-made a chalkboard

Yup-that's my life thus far.  It's the best life I could ask for.  However I love Ottawa-not Canada.  I love East Asia.  My love for this place is drastically different but the same level of deepness as East Asia.  I didn't think I would ever feel that way towards such a big group of people. It's legit.

1 comment: