Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's been way too long...

SO I forgot about my blog for about a month-or however long.
I went to East Asia this Christmas to serve the Lord and share Him.
Oh.
My.
Gosh.
To be completely honest I have never been so broken in my whole life-but it needed to happen.
We basically threw a ZILLION Christmas parties and hung out with our new friends we were kind-of set up with. We got to share Him so so much and it was great. I have never done an M trip so it was a new experience the WHOLE trip-not to mention culture shock-of which I don't think I ever did because I just loved living in the culture. I want to go back-for longer. I want to be fully immersed into the culture-it was awesome. I loved being used as a tool for the King. He told me to go-and so I did. That is basically all I had and sometimes that was scary but so wonderful being in the dead center of His will.
I am not going to sit here and tell particular stories-if you want to know it is MUCH better in person than via internet-so ask me!
So I am now back and the first week was really hard-my heart was still in East Asia and I wanted to so badly to not be in America-and this was during RA training did I mention?
However the Lord slapped me in the face and said, "My Child! I brought you there for 3 weeks to do my work, but now I have brought you have to America to do my work-and both are JUST as important-the body of Christ can not function if everyone was in one place." So I said after a while of fighting about it, "OK GOD-here I am in America to serve you JUST as much as I was allowed to in East Asia. "
Now my best friend since middle school, Michelle, is in London and my other best friend Becca since college is also in London and I feel a bit lost without them to be honest. I mean I have my other best friends here-but the amount of my heart those two girls have is ridiculous. I have prayed and prayed and prayed for them and it hasn't even been a week. I am ready for them to come back but I am SO excited for them to get to experience that.
PS-if either of you are reading it I LOVE AND MISS YOU!-you should be getting a letter soon :)
AND NOW! I am applying for Summer Missions-yes-I know it is too late but Jesus is still opening doors even when they should be locked shut-no lie. To make a long story short I am gong to an RA conference at the end of January-the same weekend of STATE interviews-and if you don't do those then you can't go. But I have to go to the conference because my RD, Mel, has super high expectations of us-it's great but kind-of annoying in the best way possible. So i was in a predicament and just told Heidi well if I can't go then I can't go but if it works out let me know-so she called me the next day and said we are going to work it out!! I was not even supposed to apply because it was too late but they let me anyways. Now if you tell me that isn't Jesus then I don't know what is.
OK! One more thing! I am super excited because I am-well almost done with Joshua. Mel (boss/friend/sister in Christ)...coolest relationship ever I must say. Let me preface-this summer as I was struggling through kamp she was emailing us really encouraging emails and so I would always respond-I can only imagine what I said seeing I was dying as kamp pretty much. So she was telling us about this book she was reading called '66 love letters' and I decided when I got back I wanted to do it also-the guy writes a 'love letter' like it's from God of why He wrote that book of the bible. So I bought it and started bymy self. Mel saw it and we decided to study together! I am SO excited to have someone back in my life just like Lindy.
I am ready to grow like I did in high school again.
Sorry about this being so long-but it's been a REALLY hectic, life-changing, always something happening month. I think I am done-for now anyways. If you made it this far-I'm impressed.
O

No comments:

Post a Comment