Sunday, July 19, 2020

How do you even title this one? You don't.

This wasn't in the plan when moving to Peru. This wasn't supposed to be how I blog about being here one year. What does this look like living in Peru? Living thousands of miles from the States, and dad. 
July 15th I got tested and found out I tested positive for COVID. I had no symptoms except being very tired that week. My roommate and I got tested because one of her friends that comes over tested positive. 

I was pressing 'answer call' to talk to my sweet dietitian, Jenni. Pati had handed me the paper. I casually said oh so we are good? She started talking but all I saw was the word 'positivo'. I threw the paper on my bed, said cool, turned to the camera, mouthed 'I have COVID.' and laughed. (I told Pati I'd come back in 40 minutes because I was talking to my friend.) I turned to Jenni and might of said an unkind word about me having said virus whilst laughing. She laughed then said 'omg I am so sorry for laughing!!' I said well I started it so totally warranted. jeje ;) 
Me after being tested.

Cue alllllllllll afternoon/night talking around the world to everyone at Cultural, who was nothing but helpful, and freaking out. I reassured them I was ok, but I can imagine finding out the gringa has COVID was not in their plan either. We talked about them taking all my classes for the rest of the month. I said it was ok but they insisted. I have been brought my groceries, medicine, and art things I requested from Sandro too! Cultural has been nothing but helpful and all my buds here checking on me.

Now: I did every single thing 'right'. I left my house 1x a week. We sanitized and washed every time we left the house. I stayed in my room all the time except when I went to sit on the sidewalk to talk to AnaLu/Pao/Jenni. But COVID takes no consideration.
AnaLu and I talked about what the heck I am going to do to rejuvenate myself while staying mentally strong while my body processes this. We came up with great ideas, including doing art again! I loved art at Fairhaven, and did it some in the states, but life got in the way. So, I am excited to get back at it!
Can't wait to spend more time here when I can!

How do I feel? I mean really my symptoms are not bad! I am very tired. Very. Very. Tired. I cannot stay awake for more than 4/5 hours at a time. With caffeine and talking to fiends. Very confused/disassociating. Why? Stay tuned. Plus side I can breathe fine. I cough but I always cough so who knows what is what. I feel emotionally overwhelmed. I feel extremely sad my entire lifestyle has had to change drastically- yet again. I can't wait for that test in 2 weeks to tell me negative. That is the goal. 
Me zooming my best friends (Englishman friend Johnny and his 6 year old) here in AQP. Probably the highlight of all of July. They are some funny people clearly. 

 God has been really showing me and teaching me a lot about head knowledge to heart knowledge. And I think it was FOR this time. I am a touchy person. I haven't touched a person in over 125 days. I was craving it and AnaLu has been telling me that God provides all our needs-even physical ones. She always tells me God is embracing me and holding my hand in everything. And I truly started to believe it about a month ago. And God really is doing all of those things for me right now since no one else can. God is showing off and showing out in my heart and I couldn't be any more thankful. I don't understand why this is happening, but praise the Lord my therapist and Spanish teacher love Jesus. Pao said, '(this is a Sunday school answer) but God has a plan for everything and we don't know why now but maybe later. But He does.' and I was like ope truth girl. I am endlessly thankful to be able to jump into God's arms and KNOW He is there to catch me. Always.

 
Throwback to one year ago!
So, that's that. One year down. Many more to go in this beautiful place I call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment