Saturday, October 10, 2020

October 17th- we meet again!

October is my favorite month of the year. Why?
2015 I admitted I had an eating disorder. (For reference: May 2013 anorexia came into my life.)
2016 I fell-hard-and entered into FH.
2017 I discharged from FH and started to live life outside of treatment. 
(All specifically October!)
2018 I was aimlessly teaching; recovering from my last 'go' at an OP treatment place. 
2019 October was my first month having my very own classrooms; my first calendar year without treatment.
2020? I am in the middle of a worldwide pandemic living the life I dreamed of for almost 10 years. 

October is the month I lost everything, and then gained everything back. October 17,2016 I claim as 'recovery day' because it is the day I entered into FH. I submitted my livelihood into someone else's care because my method wasn't working. The life I once had was crumbled before me, and something had to give. Without October 17th, 2016 there would be no October 17, 2017. My story wasn't and isn't over yet. 
This is the view from my kitchen window. I know. Terrible huh?

Instead of going through those years, I want to celebrate the me now. The me that knows how to deal with life without maladaptive behaviors. (Not perfectly, but we are works in progress seeking the Lord through them.) AnaLu and I are seeking recovery with all the mental illness things; with the sin in our lives and calling out the lies that are engrained in my head. We (she) talks about Jesus' love that is overwhelming. I am learning how much Satan likes to screw with me. But Jesus has come and already broke all the chains; He has called me out of slavery. 

In other news, November was the month I was supposed to visit the States, considering I left July 2019. But like many others, COVID killed that one. So, I have purchased some State-side type things including A FOUND REGULAR VANILLA COKE!! (<3 recovery) I got some BEN AND JERRY'S and DELISH sushi--some of the best I've ever had. I have run around the streets a little. (Not much because I have COVID 'long-haulers'. Ope.)

My favorite 'deal' at my favorite coffee shop here.
They may or may not know my name....

Spanish classes are so fun (as I say every time). Pao isn't quite as um.. 'treatment familiar' so we have lessons where I teach her about the crazed life. Sometimes she can only say 'so much information!'. (Sorry Pao..my friends and I sometimes laugh at with you.) I am learning the last conjugation pattern so that is cool. (Don't worry there are MANY rules still to go.) I had a meeting in Spanish with the people not speaking slower for me and I *mostly* kept up. Pao endures my stories and aimless information and listens as if it's actually interesting. 😅 She has gotten a bit 'bold' of how she tells me no. The first few months: 'ummm not exactly but...' Now? 'mmm no.' HAHA <3 Jenni and I have 'fun' I guess...last session she said 'And is that working for you?' I said no. She just stared at me. OPE. But she's supportive of my life here, and helps me seek the best one possible.
I got a bike. Cute huh??

I cooked my favorite Peruvian dish (pastel de pap) by my self!!

Jesus is showing up and showing out (as always). He is showing me His consistency amidst inconsistency. He is showing me there is ALWAYS a way out. He is showing me the balance of feminism and His Word. He is continually here, even when I don't want Him to be. I am thankful for AnaLu to point me to His Truth and not her words.
I got new shoes and a new bookbag. Cute huh?

(Politics are hilarious here. I <3 it because basically everyone doesn't like Trump since he doesn't like foreign people. So I can be open about my love for Kamala Harris.) 
The end. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome stuff, as always Amiga. We miss you. Big hug, Johnny and Valentina x

    ReplyDelete