Thursday, December 28, 2017

Thankful fun-filled times sprinkled with 'what's next?' (spoiler alert-don't expect much!)

If  you want to run faster, run with a faster runner: Newman.
If you need to run slower, run with a slower runner: me.
If you want to run far, run with a long distance runner: Jeff.
December 17th, Newman had his birthday 'party'. How did he celebrate? He ran his age (plus one): 31 miles (50k baby). Jeff, Newman, and I were the official trio.
Blood (Jeff), sweat (all), and tears (me) were also accomplished between the 3 of us haha!

~So what's next for me? Since spontaneously running St. Jude/31, my love and drive for distance was rekindled and instead of marathons, of course I want to go big.
~When? April 14th; a 12 hour race here in Jackson. AKA I get to sleep in my own bed and have all my friends and running buddies along for the ride. AKA no one cares how fast I go!!
~How am I training? To keep my recovery first, week day runs won't look like everyone else's (5-6 miles), 1 long run, 1 walk day, and 1/2 rest days.
No huge plan. Just gonna run some, walk some, realize that a lot of the sport is mental, so mentally prepare myself for the long day, and just see what my body can do!
Fellow ultra/run buddies

~How am I doing back in Jackson?
I am LOVING it. Even in the tough/struggling moments, I still am grateful for the opportunity to be back in my city; back with my tribe. From girls nights, to girl time with my best friends kiddo, there's so much to live with and for. 
Don't be mistaken that darkness still comes, but the reaction is different, and that's what counts.
I am about to switch to FULL TIME at work and could not be more thrilled. With every difficult fit where I just want to fall apart, but don't, I prove to myself over and over that I am ok; that this time is 'different'; that I don't have to go back.
~What's next?
Nothing. Between treatment round one and round two was 5 months; 5 months from what I thought was 'it', to complete meltdown again. So, before making any committed life plans, I am giving myself 6 months to simply be; to reaffirm in myself that I will continue to thrive where I'm at. I feel like that's a fair game right? Right. 
Because when Karen visits, old times are meant to happen.
Christmas 2017 was definitely my own marathon. 3 houses in 7 hours. #divoricetimestwoprobs It was fun-filled to see my siblings, parents, nieces, nephews, cousins, and even my long time discipler turned bestie, Lindy!
I survived, got some presents, gave some presents, and more importantly got to spend time with those that have journeyed life with me and me with them. 
MY SEEEEEESTER 
So. There's your Meg update. Striving to live everyday to the fullest. Living in such a blessing filled life. Living for a higher purpose all the days of my life. Living the struggle moments still, yet coming out of them.

In Your presence God, I'm completely satisfied. 
For You I sing, I dance. I rejoice in this Divine romance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment