Friday, January 12, 2018

Take the jump

"Hope when you take that jump you won't feel the fall. 
Hope when the waters rise that you'll build a wall."

I want to stand to disagree with those lyrics. 
I want to say that feeling the fall is vital to human life. It's the breeding ground for creativity; for vulnerability; which leads to connection; which is a key component to human life.
It's what makes the journey to the bottom and the journey to the top worthwhile. However it's not all rainbows and sunflowers. It's sometimes painful; filled with uncomfortable moments; moments of showing up for yourself; times of letting go of shame; getting curious with your inner 'parts'; letting go of people who aren't willing to jump with you; ultimately it's embracing the vulnerability to obtain the beautiful life that you once had/were searching for.
Thankful for my people who jumped alongside me
This obviously relates to my current life state. I fell; hard. I took the jump, felt the fall, and am now 'rising strong'. (Brene' Brown writes a whole book about it. Look her up!)
I keep reminding myself to never forget when I 'dared greatly' (another Brene' Brown book); to remember that I CAN have the hard conversations; I CAN show up for myself; I WILL feel the fall but will keep fighting.
It's such an experience to 'jump' alongside friends. To be apart of their questions, actions, thoughts, emotions; all the things that embody taking the jump. 

Short and sweet blog that came to me that I had to share. 
Hope you can feel the fall to rise strong; to embrace continually transforming your life to live it to the fullest no matter the length of the jump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment