Sunday, November 3, 2019

Lessons upon lessons.

It's been one week since I reached the summit of Chachani, and what an athletic week it has been! I realized about 4 days before the end of the month that if I put in 3 long runs, I could make 200mi/321km for the month of October. I decided in my heart I was going to do it--once an idea in born within me, it WILL come to fruition. So, off I set for a 13 mile run, then a 12 miler, then finally a 14er. I was pretty wiped after but, it was SO worth it. I reached it, and promptly took care of my body and took a few days off. Hello recovery.
However, that was a one and done of counting my miles for the month. I know because of my past abuse of exercising, I would fall into a hole of always running x to get x miles for the month, and well-that is just unhealthy for me. I am thankful for the ability my body has to put down 39 miles in 3 days, and thankful for my progress in recovery to see recovery as just as crucial.
At the end of the 3 days. WOO!
Something happened to me last week that isn't comical to the normal person-but to us fellow crazy folks, it's just dang entertaining. (Shout out to Candiss for telling her husband and her friends about my endeavors happening over here via medication mix ups--because this isn't the first.)
So I take this one specific class of medication. Ok cool. I go to get more, and fast forward-I asked for a completely different type accidentally!! OHNO! So, unbeknownst to me I took it and set off for bed, and quickly realized I felt off. I had no idea why. Let's just say all my red flags of 'hello dummy take your medicine' were going off. But in my head I was like uh hello I did! So thankfully I was sending my woes to a buddy (shout out Madison!!) and she informed me I bought the wrong freaking thing. The next day was a hazy mess, and it made me relive the month of hell going to treatment, and how freaking thankful I am for recovery and stability. So, I got ahold of the correct medication, and all was well the next day. 
So-what was learned? Don't ask for the wrong class of medication--it will cause a significant downfall real fast. But thankfully I picked right back up the next day :)
A day in the life of a developing country--I walk in a pharmacy and ask for whatever I need. 
Shout out to Amanda for sending me the special edition suicide prevention color street nails!!
I love sporting them and all my friends are in love with them!
I have been re-reading my girl Rachel Hollis' book 'Girl, Spot Apologizing'. And, it is such a helpful read for people trying to figure out their life goals. Multiple of mine have been achieved by living here, and such progress in recovery happening, so I realized it's time to find some new ones. She has a trademark pattern (10,10,1) where she walks you through: writing out a detailed dream of your life in 10 years, then make 10 goals from that, and finally focus all your time and energy on ONE. She is adamant to not change too much at one time. (It's why all New Year's Resolutioner's fail. Sorry y'all--just stop. Diets suck. Move your body to celebrate you-not to 'work off' x food group. Side note.)
The sun greets you at 5am. No. Lie. 
I still don't have my work visa. It's really disheartening to of been here so long, and still without my own classroom. I am doing some culture classes and conversation clubs, but I don't have my own students. As terrified as I am to have them, I am ready to take on the challenge. 
I am thankful for my lunch club ladies to encourage me, and remind me how loved I am. They mean the world to me, and I *think* they like me back. ;) 
So...that's the week. Nothing special. Just living it up over here. Feeling blessed every day by the Lord of how this time of life is. Such a redeeming experience I wouldn't trade for the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment