Saturday, November 23, 2019

Thanksgiving week y'all

I feel like it's been weeks since I blogged because so many emotions has happened between last Saturday and now. I have literally gone through every emotion known to man.

Sunday, I got to talk to Renee' (my old roomie and one of my dearest friends because no matter the amount of time we go between talking, we jump right in). She has supported me more than I will ever begin to explain, and I am eternally thankful for her friendship. I kept her company through her 8 mile run. It was fun for us both and refreshing. She showed me our house of Christmas decor. It took forever and a day bc well..it's Renee'.
I asked her to pose, and this is what I got. Ears. Christmas tree. Yep. 
On Monday I had the privlidge to talk to a large group of Peruvian's about my university experience. I jumped at the chance to motivate some people. I spent half an hour on a stage talking about university and some wisdom I gained from it. Talking about my Savior; pursuing the passions of your heart.  It was such a surreal feeling to be able to impart wisdom I have learned through life. I want to empower this next generation to chase their passions.
I had a few dear friends who brought their classes to support me. It was such a surprise to my heart to look into the audience and know they intentionally wanted to see me and support me.
The Lord has truly blessed me with so many great friends. I am blown away by it.
I felt so official I'm not gonna lie.

Oscar, Aldo, Andrea--pretty stellar people.
I have a bank card! I gave my first round of mid-terms, and will give finals this week. It's a bit much, but it's the life of a teacher.

Friday was an emotional day. (Sorry everyone at work that I didn't say anything.)
Back story: I have spent two Christmas' away from my dad. So, that holiday doesn't really phase me that much to not be at home. I mean yeah I'll miss it but. I've done it before. And they celebrate it here.
Thanksgiving. I have NEVER not been with my dad. Even when I was at treatment in Memphis we met up and I got to see him and my family. Some years he came up to Jackson to be with me, some I went to NOLA or Magee, some I just went to his house. My life situation hasn't really given room for traditions and never has--but it's unique. I love that we plan for each year.
Til' this year. I realized I will not only be in Peru for Thanksgiving, but I will be giving finals.
And'--that hit me hard. Depression took reign of my heart and told me lies. I reached out to a few friends who are supporting me, and a dear friend here in AQP (shout-out Andrea!). They reassured me it'll be ok and Andrea even offered to hang with me. We are gonna go get Starbucks holiday drinks Thursday-as per my request. I love SB way too much.
It's also much more than not being with dad. It's not like my 2 Christmas' not with dad. I celebrated with people who I love. We did typical Christmas things. But Thanksgiving in Peru? They don't celebrate it at all. Finals are that day so my day will be: run, school, SB with Andrea (YAY!!), lunch club, multiple finals, grading finals, and sleep. So, just a different experience no one can relate to unless you've moved to a new country by your self where they don't celebrate American holidays. I love this place and am so thankful to be here. I am thankful to have friends who are doing small things to help this week be more meaningful for me. Definitely a memory for the books.
Since I teach at an American school they had this cute thing for students to learn about the holiday!
The bright sides to Friday was that my lunch club-ok we usually celebrate ice cream Friday. But there is a new cafe' in school, so we went there and had yummy dessert. There was  also a Thanksgiving photo booth we took pics with. It's hanging up in my room. It's freaking adorable.
Lourdes, Dalia, and Rox. Some of my 'lunch club'.
It might sound like it's been a bad week, but that is far from the truth. I might be sad to not be with my dad in America, but I still live everyday in awe that I am here. That I am so blessed to have someone who misses me so much and I the same. I am so blessed to be in another country that feels like home just like America- with amazing friends. I clearly have such a glorious, gracious God, who redeems me everyday and lets me be in communion with Him.
My first round of mid-terms.


My latest prayer from 'New Wine' by Hillsong:
Make me Your vessel,

Make me an offering.
Make me whatever You want me to be.
I came here with nothing,
But all You have given me.
Jesus, bring new wine out of me. 

3 comments:

  1. I'll miss you too, Meg. Someone at the cabin is bound to have Verizon and I think it reaches the cabin for video chat.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Meg and I pray you will have a blessed Thanksgiving, filled with happiness and surprises! Hopefully you will be able to video chat with your family. I am still totally amazed at what you are doing and how brave you are! I am thankful for your friends who are so supportive and loved the Thanksgiving photos and the Happy Thanksgiving sign at your school! I will keep you in my prayers as always. Love, amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there amiga
    Another sterling read.
    You'll be running that place soon ;-)
    You've made HUGE amounts of progress here in a relatively short time. CDE, good job & a cash card (sounds easy but it's not & we both know it.
    Above all you've made some great friends & that is more important than many things in life. Good work!
    Happy Thanksgiving for Thursday.
    Cheerio & toodle pip :-)

    ReplyDelete