Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Thanksgiving weekend with lots of pictures included!

Well. Thanksgiving has come and gone, and we are well on our way to Christmas! I am SO thankful for this gal. This is Andrea. We are buddies. She wanted to hang with me on Thanksgiving to make it more special since otherwise at school we were giving finals. 
It was a memorial holiday because it was such a stark dichotomy of class, celebrating and chatting with Andrea, and then back to school to give finals, and break some hearts of them not passing. Oh well. It's part of the process. I got to video my dad and family, and Andrea got to meet them ha! It was a bit odd to be in and out so fast. But overall it was a good day, and I am so thankful for that. God was so faithful to give me everything I needed exactly when it was needed, and all the more.
We got holiday drinks as per requested by me.
On Friday, after a teacher meeting, (because it was between cycles we didn't have class), some of us went out for lunch! I am really loving it here more and more because I am finding the people I want to be friends with. I am feeling included at school. Teachers want to be my friend and it feels really great to be seen and be heard. Some new friends want to take me trekking soon, so stay tuned for those pictures and stories! We have lots of fun in the teacher's lounge chatting away!
Pisco punch--I understand the name now.
So, I have now gotten a piercing in a foreign country. Pretty cool.
The guy was really nice, and even gave me another earring!!
It hurt more than expected, but was over quickly so--oh well.
It looks cool so worth it.
I ran 20 miles (32km)!! I was planning on about 16/17 but at about 12ish I decided I felt great and wanted 20. So, off I went for 20 miles. I went alllllllll over the city. My skin is pretty red because of the sun, and I was WIPED after, but it was so worth it. I also am training myself to not rely on music for running again, so I didn't listen to anything. I just kinda existed. I sang songs to Jesus and talked to Him some, saw sights, and got lost a lot so was preoccupied with that. It was a great run, and I can't wait for next weekends long run. Who knows what it will bring!
I proceeded to sit there for quite a few mintues.
Finally, church on Sunday. It was SO good. If you have not seen it, click here. It is well worth your time. ¨Confident expectation for the future, based in God--HOPE.¨ He talked about how if we don't Amen God, He will not Amen you. That we also have to put in some effort. This is not a one way street. He talked about how Jesus was the coming Messiah, and talked about Matthew 1:18-25; the story of Him being born. To not let fear rob you of hope! But he ended with talking about why to have hope in God--because He is faithful. He is faithful in the midst of storms, He guards us against the evil one, He is faithful when I am not, and He has new mercies every morning. It was such a filling day, and prepared me for the busy week that is ahead.
I love my Pinelake community. I was a few minutes late and they were wondering if I was going to log in. I have community with my home church thousands of miles away, and it is so refreshing to my soul to worship alongside them. 
Live worship is so fun.
Overall it was a good week. Some sadness over not being in America, but hopeful expectation for next year to be everything I want and then more. Hopeful expectation for what December will have for me. It is a BUSY month at school, but busy keeps me going so, bring it on! I got some great friends and a great God on my side, so anything is possible. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good words. I hope to put your package in the mail today.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete