Tuesday, December 31, 2019

No matter what may come, Your people press on.

Peep at my new fun shorts.

Christmas has come and gone, and boy was it one to be remembered! I had one party before, and then of course Christmas Eve. They do everything on Christmas Eve, so I spent it with my dear French, Disney princess name friend, Aurora. She graciously invited me to celebrate with her. We celebrated with a bunch of boys ages around 7-17. It was so special. Over here the ‘typical’ Christmas is you go to mass, make dinner, eat dinner REALLY late (we ate just before midnight!), then the kiddos open presents at midnight. You put baby Jesus in the manger at midnight as well. They don’t put Him in until then because, symbolically we don’t celebrate His birth until the 25th. So, that happened. It was fun to hang out with all the boys, and gain a new good buddy, Aurora; we talked all through the night. She was so supportive to me, knowing I have been struggling. She checked in with me all night and was extremely helpful when I got really anxious. It was refreshing to my heart.
We decided to exchange Christmas happies (for my Peruvian friends: it's basically like a small fun present name.)
She made delicious desserts!
Here we are saying good-bye to 2019, and hello to 2020! What a freaking year it has been. I began the year terrified of going back to treatment. I had surpassed my 5-month pattern, but barely. I began the year wishing to live overseas, but convinced myself I couldn’t because of my mental state. But. God. God began putting the desire back into my heart, and I blindly went with it. Everything happened so smoothly, so July 20th I left America to live in my new home. I had high highs, and some pretty intense lows here recently. Overall, 2019 has been such a year for me. I held a stable job for a whole year; the last time that happened was 2015. I didn't go to treatment; the last year I didn't go was 2015. *yikes* 2019 brought such happiness and such heartache and I look back at what the Lord has done and stand in awe that I am standing here in South America-conquering myself in the middle of a storm, with God fighting for me right by my side.
Here we go 2020!
So, 2020? If you have been with me for some time, then you know I like to dedicate a word to the year. This year? Freedom. So cliché but, there’s depth of learning related to it. I have been learning the ins and outs of freedom, and I want that to continue. That boundaries create freedom for both parties involved. That you can hate the things that God hates and create freedom within His love. I have been praying to hate those things, and to love those that God loves. It’s simple for my best friends, but what about those that offend you; have hurt you to the core of your being? That is where my heart needs help. Experiencing His love so closely that your only response is to love because He first loved us. I want to be so intimate with His love that I have complete freedom to live inside His love because I am starting to grasp His love for me, and want that to only deepen for the year.
Buddies that show me love who make it so easy to love back.
Oh! Side story. I went to Chivay because my friend, Noelia, invited me! I was not feeling my best to say the least, but still had fun for what I did participate in. I am thankful because she and the girls never made me feel bad or made a big deal that I wasn’t myself. It was such an experience to see God’s creation all around. It was beautiful and I cannot wait to take my dad and Dawn there in April!
The girls and I in the valley.
Don't be deceived. It was wet, cold, and rainy. But, a funny memory nonetheless...after.
Noelia kept saying 'la adventura!!' Thanks for keeping it fun amidst the cold and rain.
So, life is going. The darkness has finally let up (finally, after about 5 weeks y’all) and I am so thankful. I am so happy to reacquaint with Meg again. I am eager to see what God brings for 2020.

I bring You glory for all You’ve brought me through, and now I’m ready for whatever You want to do.

1 comment: