Monday, January 6, 2020

Live Again

Well, school is starting back and I am sure I will blog about my new cycles, and of course starting Spanish school. So, I wanted to jump on here and write a short blog of between January 1st and now.
My pre-therapy picture spot.
New Year's is really not a holiday I am one to celebrate-I like sleep too much ha! In America, my friends and I have a 'thing' where you run the year in miles. So, in 2019 we ran 20.19 miles, so naturally I had to run 20.20 miles January 1st. So, I ended up starting a bit late, but still rang in the new year exactly as intended! I felt great at the end and am ready for marathon season!
So happy I felt so good!
This is what happens when you run outside all the time in shorts, and spend 3 days in Chivay.
The main point of this blog is my new song. It is called 'Live Again' by Sean Curran. 
Here are some of the lyrics: 
'The blink will see, the sick will stand.
Sing hallelujah with confidence. 
When the lies come from every side...
I'll remember the thousand times,
You love has won, this is far from over. 
I believe in Your name miracles will happen.'
So, that is pretty powerful for several friends right now. So much heart break going on, and this song provides so much hope. He is a God of healing, but not only physically. God can move mountains; He can save even the most lost person. That is pretty comforting for the weary soul. Jesus tells us to take our cares to Him, and this is something I personally am going before the Lord with for my buds. And myself.

My anxiety is steadily getting worse. I have began to backslide and my eyes were opened to that I am need to experiment with meds yet again. But this time, in Peru! WAHOO! *note sarcasm*. It is terrifying, but I am trusting in the Lord. AnaLu encouraged me to just bring this one to Jesus. That is something that makes me feel awkward if we are being honest, because well medicine and Jesus in my head are separate but, Jesus is in EVERYTHING. He gave doctors such great brains and wisdom to make modern medicine to save lives, including mine, and for that I am grateful and praise the Lord for. So, new medicine in, old one out. It's not an easy process, and requires a lot of brain power and effort on my part. But, let's see what happens. Stay tuned.
Thankful for great buddies like this guy. Ya see, Johnny works for the 'other' school (Britanico) so of course we make many jokes about that. He is a fellow stupid crazy runner. He has run 100 miles! So, he is a fun lad to talk to. He is from the U.K. so half the time I have no idea about his little phrases, but I am learning! He is a refreshing breath of talking 'run' language.
So, life is picking back up. I am a bit nervous to try Spanish school and teaching full time at the same time, but if I can't handle it then I drop Spanish school and can say I tried. I know my limits and I have learned where to push, and where to stop.

1 comment: