Thursday, January 31, 2013

His power is enough.

Last time I blogged everything was just beginning as far as my 'new' major and this whole tri thing.  Since then God has only proven Himself more and more powerful and it's beautiful.

I have seen God transform me in my heart, and watch Him transform my desires, and see Him transform other peoples hearts.  I watch Him work in me daily to overcome sin, or overcome being overwhelmed.  However I haven't actually watched Him overcome me PHYSICALLY.  Ok-I take that back.  That one time I should have died or something from my gallbladder stuff...that was ONLY God making everything happen so fast so it didn't rupture and me be poisoned and all.  Details- start reading in July with this blog.
good times....
for the record I don't remember taking this! *drugged up!*
Ok so this is take 2.  However I think I see why He wants me to do the tri.  He has a desire to prove just HOW powerful He really is and He sees I needed to see it in a different manner; through me doing something I thought I would never do.  FYI:  I don't look like a 'fit' person; I don't 'look' like someone who is in shape or who desires to do this.  FYI:  God tends to throw curve balls.  Here is mine.  Every time I watch myself progress I see only the majesty of God working through me.  I didn't think I would ever be able to do more than a 'lap' that Laura and I do, and last night we did a lap and a half, and then more after a short rest time.  As I rounded the corner to start lap two I had no other words than simply praise be to God who provides immensely more than I can imagine.  So I can hardly wait to be able to do 2 laps, then 2 1/2, then 3 and so on to get to the goal of a 5k.
I just love this kid the more and more we train together.
I didn't realize the awesome friendship I would deepen through this process!
I also am starting to read through Mark with Ashleigh, reading through Romans with my hall, and _______ with my friend group bible study.  I am in a continual state of learning more from God and through God that is apply directly to my life; awesome and convicting.

Not very much going on in my life outside of school, tri, and Jesus.  I think I am becoming addicted to sleep. No really.  I am waking up later, but still go to bed around the same time.  I am averaging 7 1/2 hours of sleep.  I know-crazy.  But in the triangle of school:  study, friends, sleep; one has to give.  Each semester varies, and this semester 'friends' is the lacking one.  I always am asked where I am around campus.  my answer:  Aven, or my room.  Yup-I am either in class, doing class things, or seeping.  So FYI:  that is where I am-nothing personal.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment