Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My summer plans:

Drum-roll please:

The town of.....
GULFPORT, MS!!!!

Yes-you read it correctly.  The place I lived from the time I was born til I came to MC.  God is calling me for sure to spend my summer at home for a few reasons (in no particular order)

1) School.  I need to take 4 or 5 core classes in the span of 3 months.  Since I am at B.A., and don't need all the extra music classes, I don't have to stay at MC.  So I can't go on a summer-long mission trip overseas, so school is first and foremost.  I don't have the list of classes offered at USM on the coast, but I have a feeling the ones I need will be available to me.

2) Family.  This is one of the last times I will live with my dad for more than a week or two before moving overseas. The next time I will be at home is the few months preceding my departure.  So, I knew before I continue on with life-it needs to stop and I need to foster some relationships with key people in my life.  To spend more than a day or two a month with them.  Including but not will not be limited to:  my dad, my mom, my nephew's, my sister.

3)  Church.  My youth minister is now heading up the children's, youth, and college ministry's, and that is simply too much to do for a summer; summer's are crazy in church world.  So-I want to help him out with them all-focusing on children, but probably still doing youth.  I want to serve my church because I feel that I can lead with Jesus; that He will help me guide the next generation.  I love my church family, and can't wait to have solid teaching for 3 months to bite into God's word weekly.

4)  Job.  I want to make money to go towards my future trips overseas.  Living at home will mean everything will be paid for except when I want to go out with the few friends that I have at home.  So the money I will make at my job- 90% of it will get to be saved, which is what I need at this time of life.

5) Peace.  I have never felt so OK and even excited with the thought of going home for this long of a span.  Usually-I try to find things to do with my breaks that involve my time at home diminishing; to get to experience life in as many different places as possible.  But no, Jesus is calling me and assuring me that home is where the heart is, and my heart needs to have 'home' set in Gulfport, MS before I go anywhere else and calling it 'home'.  "Such a time is this."

6) Discipleship.  I was discipled for 3 years and it is something I don't actively have at school.  I miss it terribly and crave learning from someone older than me.  And this summer I will get to have it consistently. So I am anxious and eager to study about Jesus with her.  The last time we did I was 18; now I will be 21 and have grown leaps and bounds; she has a beautiful daughter and is down the street from me, so I can't fathom what it'll look like but anticipate it blowing our minds!

There are my reasons.  I can hardly believe I am typing this, but Jesus sure can lead you where ever He wants, and apparently He wants me home for His kingdom; let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment