Thursday, July 4, 2013

A summer of things I love.

As I realize that I am into July and still have almost 6 weeks left in this town, I am overjoyed that I still have half left, but saddened that I have already spent half of it.  Here are a few pictures to describe the past few weeks.

Ashleigh, Becca, and I decided to Kayak the whole Okatoma (13 miles)!  It was a LOT of fun and no one ended up flipping.  Praise the Lord y'all.

 My cousin had twins so my dad and I went to go see them:  Christian, and Remy.  Beautiful.

 Michelle, Katlyn and I hang out randomly and it's just awesome to get to hang out with friends from school at home.  Wonderful memories.

 I went to Jackson for the weekend to play for a church, and had lunch with this crazy group.  I loved seeing all of them and catching up.  We haven't skipped a beat.

Becca and I skype a few times a week-which is great.  We keep in touch more than we do during the school year I think.  #summersolutions

I spent the past few days priming, paints a zillion coats on Lindy's kitchen.  It is red and a tanish color now.  It's been SUPA fun to spend days and days jamming to Jesus/90's music and painting a kitchen.  I now feel totally confident to paint my own house:  trim and all.

I have lost almost 20 lbs. so far in a few weeks which is awesome!  I am doing Ideal Protein with my sister and it's super fun and challenging.  I am learning a LOT about self-control and it is super helpful in my walk with the Lord also.


Here is a paragraph of EVERYTHING I love about being here this summer.

I love everyday here.  I love getting to sleep past 7 am.  I love going to USM on the Coast.  Although I can't stand college algebra and Biology and Society lecture/lab, I love the people in class.  I love how real everyone is in there.  They are REAL people with REAL lives.  I love how I get to stay at home, and cook real food.  I love how I get to see Michelle several times a week, and randomly hang out with her.  I love how I get to randomly hang out with my friends and not think much about it.  I love not having a job.  I love getting to be discipled again.  I love getting to volunteer at GCCM every week, and see real people impacting real needs.  I love getting to hang out with Lindy and Daelynn all week, every week.  I love getting to live at home with my padre'.  I love going to PJ's 5 days a week and starting to know the barista's.  I love the random friend dates I am going on with my new found real friends.  I love the real conversations I am getting to have almost daily with people.  I love getting to use my phone when I want, where I want, with no one to tell me otherwise/another county inhibiting me.  I love how my God supplied all my needs when I doubted Him.  I love how I get to drive down the beach everyday to go to class and worship like crazy.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment