Saturday, July 13, 2013

closet sporty girl covered up by the musicality of life being convicted by Him.

well y'all I am signed up for a Triathlon on July 27th.  Rocket Chix in Baton Rouge, LA is where it is.  350 meter swim (0.2 miles), 12 mile bike, and a 2 mile run.  I can do them all successfully in the time I want, however the fun part is now:  putting it all together.
I am more and more thankful I am home for the summer.  I get to loose weight, get in shape, and have the time of my life training for something I LOVE to do:  not awfully hard triathlons.  Maybe when I am skinnier I will like the harder ones, but for now I will stick to my cute sprint tri's.   I like the ones with more biking and swimming, and less running (anything more than 3=not my cup of tea).  Thus this is perfection for me.  I can't wait to get a TRI sticker to put on my car after this.  I can't wait to go back to school with longer hair, looking great, and a TRI sticker to prove myself.  I have decided what I am.  I am a closet sporty girl covered up by the musicality of my life.  I feel better and better about swimming, biking, and running being a healthier human being.

I have no cute transition, so on a more serious note, I have this split persona when the Lord decides to SLAP me in the face with sin that I didn't even realize.  For six years..SIX YEARS I have been drastically praying with the wrong intentions.  I mean I basically trust God, and even Jesus, and I do have the Holy Spirit and trust Him inside of me.  But I have been failing to trust Him specifically and didn't have the eyes to see.  I specifically have been not trusting Him with people I loves' salvation.  It's not that I trust myself in myself for that.  I know that grace comes through faith in Him alone, etc.  I just don't trust that they will accept the Lord.  I don't trust that the Holy Spirit will come through.  Now this is also when I began to realize that since I don't trust the Holy Spirit, I am not trusting Jesus, so I am not trusting God (thanks to the whole trinity sha-bang).  I wish I had a great ending to this blog saying I am overcoming this sin, but  I have yet to figure out how to attempt to overcome it.  What I do know is that it's pretty great how Lindy and I are studying Romans 8, and this week my 3 sermons by Piper are How to Kill Sin.  So that is pretty great.  So now it's time to practically put all of this research to use, so then the Lord can use me, His clay pot to spread this revelation to other believers.

Here goes something.

No comments:

Post a Comment