Wednesday, October 9, 2019

October!

Sometimes I wish I had extravagant things to blog about, but then again, I am here living life so sometimes it´s just uneventful.
BUT.
One thing that is exciting is that it is October! That means we are within 90 days of the new year. Rachel Hollis has a yearly #last90days challenge; to end the year the way everyone intends to start the new year, but never keeps. She has something called ´5 to thrive´. That is where you: drink at least 1/2 your body weight in water in ounces everyday, move your body at least 30 minutes everyday, have a gratitude list everyday, wake up an hour earlier for you time everyday, and give up one food group/item. This is for 90 days. I decided to take on the challenge, but 4 to thrive because of my eating disorder. That would be a poor choice to intentionally cut out any food. SO it has been 9 days of it and, it´s great! I haven´t kept the waking up an hour earlier one every morning, but otherwise I´m rocking it. I feel so much better drinking so much water. I decided to do more than 1/2 my body weight because of how much I run. So I am for 90-100 oz. a day! I sure do pee a lot if we are being honest, but I feel great! I enjoy doing the gratitude list because it´s fun to reflect on the day and see the small cool things that happened I wouldn´t normally revisit. I have been working out a bit, and it´s fun to reach new numbers of heavier weights! I can´t believe I am saying I work out. Who even am I? Yes, I still run. Quite a bit actually. :)
Me on a run when I found an overpass!
It´s been fun because I convinved my friend to do it with me, so Jess (my bible reading buddy), Amanda, and I are reading through Acts together in combo with our gratitude list. One thing that blew my mind today was Acts 10. If you haven´t read the story of Cornelius and Simon Peter meeting, that is where you will find it. Overview: Cornelius had a vision from God to basically get Simon Peter to come because he would have a word from the Lord that needed to be spoken. SO. AFTER that, God appeared to Simon Peter and gave him a vision. Told Simon Peter people were coming for him and to go with them because he was to share the vision with Cornelius.
I just think it´s crazy the ornate and perfect way that God coordinated that. It was clearly something only the Spirit could do. Basically God appeared to Cornelius so Simon Peter could come and share the Gospel so he and those in the presence could recieve the Holy Spirit.
SO. COOL.
Carrying bags home are the ´norm´ here. 
OH! I found cubed cheese!!!!! It is a rarity here, so I savored every dang piece.
Anyways, the last week nothing exciting really has been happening. Running/working out, school to teach a few culture classes because #noworkvisa still, home, read/Netflix, and go to sleep. THRILLING- I know. Living in a different country still has boring, monotonous times. But-without it the exciting times wouldn´t be as exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment