Monday, October 21, 2019

You understand me.

~You understand me.
~So I throw all my cares before You.
My doubts and fears don't scare You.
You're bigger than I thought You were.
~I will rest in the Father's hands.
Leave the rest in the Father's hands. 
I clearly pay attention to what I wear when I walk out of the house.
I was watching Pinelakes live-stream and this glorious song came on at the end, and I realized how much it touched my heart. Literally, no one can comprehend my daily life. I speak minimal Spanish, I aimlessly teach culture classes waiting on my work visa, I read and workout a lot; I traveled across the globe (by my self) to meet and teach hundreds of new people. It is an experience that should be so much harder than it is, (praise the Lord!!) but let me not overlook that yes, it is a world that no one could've prepared for me. 
But, I am understood by the God of the universe. He knew what it would be like and He has graciously relieved me of more than I could fathom. I am understood because well...He's God. I will rest in that too. I mean, it's the only healthy option, and He helps me choose that every single day. I live in an unknown world. Sometimes the power goes out. Sometimes the water pipes freak out. Sometimes there's protests in the middle of the street; so many things we Americans take for granted. And, I am learning a whole new level of fearlessness. I am learning to throw every single day at the feet of Jesus. He is infinitely bigger than I ever imagined, and getting to experience that daily is an experience I hope to not take for granted. 
It really didn't taste good. Sad.
I live a boring, but repetitive life. It is something my therapist was adamant about to keep me in recovery. So practically what do my days look like? Get ready--it's THRILLING.
I wake up at 5:30, run/workout, shower, eat breakfast (the same thing every morning), go to school, eat lunch with my buddies, teach some, walk home, eat dinner, watch Netflix/read, go to sleep. It's basically the same thing I'd do in America. But, it's in Peru, and it's 10000000x better over here for me. 
After my longest run in AQP so far!
I am 3 weeks into #last90days with Rachel Hollis and it's been refreshing. I live seeking for gratitude moments, I pee a LOT from all the H2O I drink, I run a lot (almost 130 miles for October so far!), I am used to the sun waking me up at 5am. (Yes, the sun seriously rises about 5 am.) It is a great way to end the year on such a positive note. So many people tend to wait until January 1st to get their lives together, and by March all the hopes and dreams you thought of in January are laid by the waste side. I like last 90 days because it is a finite amount of time. It is a time to refocus and set yourself up for success.
So, life is going! Loving it still every day, and immensely thankful for all the Lord has blessed me with, and can't wait to see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment