Tuesday, October 15, 2019

October 17th!!!

October 17th is a holiday in the world of Meg. October 17, 2016 is when I let go of my plans for recovery and submitted to someone elses. This is the day I entered treatment in Cordova (Memphis), Tennessee. October 17, 2016 I spent more of the day crying than not. I was terrified to leave home, leave work, admit I had a ginormous problem, know my life was on the line; that is what brought me there. Seeing glimpses of what eating disoder recovery looks like is what kept me there.
One of my best friends, Candiss, selflessly drove herself with myself 3.5 hours north to drop me off at Fairhaven-my new home for what I had NO idea would be a year. Group therapy is how I spent my days for a year (minus the 12 week hiatius where I thought I was fine--lol)
Instead of being sad for the girl that entered that place, I want to celebrate the life she didnt't know was coming. I want to celebrate with her for eating chocolate covered almonds without guilt; eating ice cream for the first time shamelessly with my fellow eating disorder recovery sisters. She deserves celebration because she fought to become to person I am today. Without October 17th, there would've been no October 18th--and I'm not sure I would've made it without October 17th.
Week one of my time at FH is hilarious to read back on and so hopeful--knowing I have everything and more that girl wanted so desparately, but didn't know how to obtain. Read here if you want.

Just a small glimpse of my room--lots of pictures and notes!!
In other news, I become illegal SOON, so I have to travel to Chile to renew my tourist visa until my work visa comes. (fingers crossed SOON!) So Saturday I will travel to Tacna, (a border city) jet on over to Arica, Chile, then come back to Peru. I am not too thrilled to spend a weekend renewing my visa, but I get more stamps in my pasport so that is cool!
Mt. Misti! It's so high up it's in the clouds. Whoa. 
This is a more deep blog. But, October is such a unique month for me. I was looking through my '10 dreams' list that I developed from Rachel Hollis' list. (Pictured below.) And I realized I have accomplished FOUR of my dreams!! I have *clearly* moved overseas, become a gym goer, I eat without a meal plan, and I have not gone back to treatment! What a freaking blessing! I did this before Peru was on the horizon. 6 months later, here we are! I can hardly believe I have accomplished any of those, even more all 4.
My 10 dreams.
Otherwise life is good here! I live every single day in awe of how much I LOVE being here. It's not perfect, don't get me wrong, but it's the best I've done since leaving FH. It's the happiest I've been since leaving FH. I feel at peace and so at home here. This is where I belong for now. Praise the Lord for bringing me here. He deserves all the praise and glory for my life story-for leading me to FH, to ultimately putting me where my heart has desired to be for 7 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment