Sunday, May 13, 2012

God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him.

In 3 weeks I will almost be on a plane to go to Canada for two months of my life.I can not believe it. First I have to be prepared for it all-which is what my short blog is about.
I am reading two books right now I am required to read before I go.  One is 'The Supremacy of God in Missions-Let the Nations be Glad' by John Piper and 'Godspace' by Doug Pollock.  Both books are SO drastically different but compliment each other.  Godspcae is my 'mind rest' after John Piper because he is SO profound.  It has taken me about a week to read one chapter-reading some every day (65 pages)-there are 7 chapters!  However he makes such great points that my mind is blown.  That missions exists because worship doesnt.  Missions isn't enternal-worhsip is.  When we are in heaven missions won't be remembered but worship will.  Then to go into that we do missions for HIS name and His name alone.  We will give up our lives not for our own gain-but for CHRIST's name sake.  So with Piper my mind is always gaining theology.
With Godspace it is a practical book about evangelism.  And I have read my share of Christian books and I don't remember much from any of them but they were 'good'.  This book I firmly believe that every Christian living in this world needs to read this book.  It is giving PRACTICAL 21st century ideas of how to BE Christ, LISTEN like Christ, LIVE Christ, ACT Christ, notice I didn't say speak Christ.  That is the point.  We as Christians are the opposite of 'slow to speak'.  We act fast to say what we think and don't give the time of day to listen to the other person.
So with that-this book is GREAT for me and I think for you to read.
Now I am in Clinton because I decided this is where I live-not Gulfport, and I will miss Clinton more than Gulfport when I go to Canada-so alas I am here with my dorm mommy/friend/sister in Christ/boss (oh yea) who I know loves me a whole lot for letting me crash here this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment