Friday, May 4, 2012

Only ONE thing remains

As I sit here looking at my dorm room looking like throw-up, my feet THROBBING from walking to almost every room on my hall checking out girls, my throat so sore it's not even funny from talking to all of these girls, and lastly my heart in such turmoil because my kids have left and I am finished with my first whole year as a music major.
Oh. My. Gosh.
One year ago today I was leaving MC going home to Gulfport to go to kamp and to prepare to be an RA for 26 precious girls.
Now I am at MC watching all 25 leave and I am preparing to go to Canada-somewhere I thought I'd never go. 
I just survived my first year being a music major-I can hardly believe this statement.  I feel like all of us that survived theory and ear training and diction and juries and hours in practice rooms and piano class (for some of us) and finally FINALS-we ALL deserve a certificate of 'survival'--HA!
I can't believe I could sit here and tell you what a second dominant and secondary leading-tone is sufficiently and spell a half dimished vii 42 chord in the key of d minor.  Looking at it still reminds me of gibberish then at second glance I realize hey-that is my life.
Despite ALL of the hard work and hours poured into it, I have never felt more at peace about any decision, including coming to school here.  I could literally sit here and type pages about how greatful I am for it and what not but that is too cheesy.
I just got my grades back and I got all A's and B's again.  For all of my friends it is not a big deal but my high school friends would not believe me-like my father.  I will boast in my grades because it is not of myself but of the Lord-quite literally.  I have always struggled with meeting my 'friend' quota of making good grades and was never up there.  It is simply amazing to be able to sufficiently say I worked hard and now have the benefits to show it.  It has been one year-ONE YEAR since I have had a C on a final grade.  If that isn't God saying you are following me then I don't know what is.  I have defieated french or german diction. :)
Now it is almost time to leave MC, and go back home-to my previous life.  I don't want to change anything of what I have learned, how I have grown, or take back anything I have laid down at the foot of the cross.  My prayer is to continue on like I am at school but at home-which will be one of the most difficult things for me-but I know God has equipped me for the challenge.
I am seriously going to have withdrawls from this RA staff being with me, walking with me, walking with them, and doing life, and my kiddos.  I know this job was to impact them, but I know I learned so much more than I taught.  I can hardly wait to see what I will learn next year!
LETS DO THIS :)

1 comment:

  1. So excited for how God has, is, and will use you this summer!!! Thanks for the update!! Can't wait to see you in hopefully just a few days!! :))))) Love you Meg!!

    ReplyDelete