Tuesday, March 19, 2013

You give and take away.

This post-spring break week will go down in the books for sure of times to remember-for when God carried us as people, as a music dept., and as a student body.

1) My best friend, Mary Catherine, texted me Saturday night and told me to pray for her family because her brother, Larry was killed in a car accident and the girl was being flown to Memphis for critical care.  I have had quite a few people die in my life, mainly people that are closer to other people in my family; so it's not like this is my first experience of death.  However my heart at that moment shattered into a zillion pieces for my best friend and my north MS family (I go to their house pretty often).  What happened was:  all the boys were mud-riding and long story short he took a curve too fast and hit a light pole.  So I have been talking with MC about as much as we both possibly can-I mean hundreds of people are going to her house, so it's mostly in the morning times or night time before/after everyone is gone.  However when we do talk it's pretty incredible to listen.  I pray when I am confronted with death as close as Larry was to them, that I handle it precisely like she is, all in the name of the Lord.  Listening her to ramble about how the Lord has prepared them for this and how He prepared Larry for this; simply stunning.  Life for them makes so much more sense now.  I would not wish this on anyone, however watching them grow closer in the Lord and together is breath-taking.  I have not stopped praying for the McKibben family, and I know people all around the country are lifting their family up to our Father.
MC and I at Passion 2013! :)  love her to pieces.
2) Monday afternoon-MC had a freak hailstorm.  Like-hailstorm of the century for Mississippi.  Pre-hailstorm.  I am helping a friend pack-up her house onto a moving truck to get her to Tampa.  The weather literally waited until we shut the back to the truck to get black.  So I make it back to campus and am in Aven waiting on my ride with my friend, Christa.  We are outside playing in the INTENSE wind and the leaves that are all around from the weather.  It was beautiful to see God's power at that moment.  Then, out of nowhere the sky let loose.  Hail the size of baseballs (see pic's below) started to fall to the ground towards our city, our heads, and our cars.  So we book inside Aven without getting hit (PRAISE!).  Our ride opted to not drive and so we got into another friends truck and were riding around looking at all the damages when we saw Christa's car; the back window was completely shattered.  Then we saw my car (pic's below).  So Christa and I began to attempt to move our cars in the parking garage-nothing open; so we go back to the comma to clean the glass out of her car.  Craziest.  5 minutes.  Ever.
Easter egg hunt:  MC style
We weren't kidding y'all.
What an awkward angle for hail to hit.
Right where I need to see to drive-what a beautiful view eh?

3) On another note, my choir director, Sarah Beth is having to move to TN this summer.  Now I didn't think I would be this upset-however seeing the pattern of this week-you never know.  She is the only choir director I have ever had and this is my major; so all my choir experience has been based around her direction towards WC.  I have loved spending the past 2 years of my choir experience under her and I could not have chosen a better woman who has SO much passion for us as a group, and about life itself and keeping it real with us (which is just refreshing).  We have laughed together, and cried together.  We have 4 more rehearsals together and then the final concert; I don't think there will be a dry eye by the end.  This group is my life and I would not want it to be any other way.  I am proud to be a WC woman.
Yep...we are girls y'all (plus Robby our acc.)

One of our concerts, I love how professional we all look!

1 comment: