Sunday, April 7, 2013

Blissful weekend.

I literally had THE best weekend of my life thus far, probably (ok, maybe diva comment-but seriously!)

Friday night I went to the International Festival and got to experience a light taste of a plethora of cultures and it was so enlightening and fun!  I LOVE culture and people so it was just straight awesome.
fashion show portion of the festival.
Saturday I woke up with 30 other friends and went canoeing all day.  I canoed with Ashleigh and we are GREAT canoeing partners.  We didn't flip!  We did fall out of the canoe, but it didn't flip; don't ask how.  A bunch of us jumped off a little pier into the FREEZING (literally) water where I think my body went into shock for a moment and I just had a legit panic/freak out of flailing, screaming, and swimming but not moving.  Either way; it was SO worth it!  It was such fun to just go down a river with my friends, talking about life, Jesus, and having random sing-a-longs.
The bestie..we came, we divided, we conquered.
Car rides.  Whoever sits in the back is destined to sleep.
Saturday night my WHOLE KT family went to Jessie's house for a KT fam sleep over.  We made cookies, had an intensely awkward awesome game of twister, played 2 truths and a lie, had ice cream, talked about boys, made a 'music video' that ended in the heads of the family (kboo, bec, and I) being pantsed (it was a HILARIOUS video!), and ended the night with a family snuggling/movie.  It was simply beautiful.  I am incredibly thankful for my family and I legit know that I indeed have the closest family in all of KT.
(more pic's will be added soon..Maleesa takes a little while to add them/fix them/etc.)
 before we pulled out real twister.
Sunday we woke up and made pancakes as a family, and some of us went to church.  Had car worship on the way there, and comes to find out the topic we are starting for the next 2 months is......
FREEDOM!!!!! (the book of Galatians)
(if you didn't get the memo I have a tattoo that says 'Freedom from the law, from sin, and from death'.  It is in greek- eleutheria. It's on my left hand and is rockin'.)  I just kept looking down with a slur of thoughts racing through my mind.  Thank You Jesus for continuing to show me Your freedom.  The aspect of freedom this week was about how we need to validate our lives for an audience of one.  So convicting; so good.  I so often look to my friends to make sure it's 'ok' or 'daring', where as my eyes need to gravitate up towards Jesus, and only care how He views my life actions.
some of my fam at church.
Sunday night we had RA reveal night and I must say I have been nervous because I have always known where I was going to be the last 2 years; it was never a question.  This year apparently I was moved around between 2 dorms that it wasn't even funny.  I was between Hederman-Gunter or West.  I wanted Gunter, however the Lord has other plans for me and put Meredith (the girl on the right of me below) and I on West.  I can't say I'm excited to just be honest.  I had my diva moment and indeed cried after realizing where I was, but it's ok because we serve a God whose plans are not our own-which is incredible.  I know why I was on East staff these past 2 years down to a T, so we shall see what He has planned for my last RA staff!  It is overwhelming for my last year at school to be my first one not with freshman for sure, but I am excited to get to live in the same building as my friends!
Chelsey and I's freshman that made RA! LOVE THEM!

If you made it this far you are a trooper.  Just sayin' :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a trooper! haha. Glad it was such a lovely weekend for you, dear

    ReplyDelete