Monday, April 29, 2013

Pre-finals/Formal

I have tired to write this blog for about a week.  But here I am in Aven, should be practicing, and instead I blog.  Pre-finals week is over and now starts the dead week at MC.  Where everything is cancelled and we get to "study" (AKA-study/sleep).  I have crossed off quite a bit off my list before I planned to which is wonderful.  

My list that I completed before formal! :) 
Now I am finishing learning my advanced standing piece and starting to attempt to learn about it to speak about.  Advanced standing is like the barrier of music majors.  It's like landing on jail in Monopoly; do not pass go, do not collect $200.  I will find out my fate in one week from Monday morning.  I know that I am expected to pass it and an signed up for post-advanced standing classes, but it is possible for everything to fall apart, for it all to fail, for me to forget everything I've learned.  However it's possible for it to go great, for my mind to be on par, for my throat to make it through.  best part of these scenarios:  the Lord God is over it all and will sustain me hopefully for the second one!  SO RESTFUL.
Also.  I had my last 8am core music class last week.  I can hardly believe the 2 years of diction, theory, form, aural skills, and music history is coming to an end.  I mean my mind says yes self, you have learned 4 semesters of theory, no worries,  But my heart is not quite ready to let go of all the crazy times that happen at 8am, and the bond we share as a music class.
Lee and I after our final music class.  You can tell it's morning ;)
With that- I have asthmatic bronchitis.  Becca and I spent Friday morning over there waiting, hanging, and being those annoying kids in the healthplex.  So yes.  I will attempt my advanced standing with a form of bronchitis.  I think this one goes down in the 'craziest idea ever as a voice major' book.  But alas, I do crazy things, so it goes along with my persona I guess.
Twin...gotta love her.
So-my other big event has been FORMAL 2013 in NOLA.  My group was, Robby, Ashleigh, Shelby, Wesley, Hanna, and Dakota.  Robby was my date, and the best date I could ever ask for.  We stayed at my aunt's house and it was perfect.  We played monopoly friday night, went to NOLA in the day Saturday, went to formal, and then went back to NOLA afterwards for a little while.  Went to sleep for a few hours, and then drove back for a band concert that Sunday afternoon.  Talk about a whirlwind of a weekend that I could have wished for a better group or time with.  Robby is THE best dancer-but for real.  And he is a wonderful date, if anyone needs a wonderful date to a girl function, I got the hook-up for ya!
Rob's and I.  Grand pic.
The group of us!
Ash and I getting ready.
Sorry that this blog is so random but I wanted to post it so I could have another post to rant about finals and random sentimental stuff about the year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment