Monday, June 24, 2013

A chapter ignored for its' beauty


Without fail the Lord has been teaching me ions and ions about Himself this summer.  And I want to remember it all, like every other summer.  I so desire to never forget the past 2 summers themes:  praying without ceasing, and freedom.  I can't wait to figure out my 'theme' of this summer.  So without further ado, here is my mini rant/blog about what I am devouring thus far.

Romans 7 is what Lindy and I have thus far memorized and decided to in-depth study, (thank you John Piper for your sermon notes.).  Just to synopsis:; Romans 7 is basically a chapter about Paul's struggle with sin as a CHRIST FOLLOWER..  It relates our relationship with Christ to a married woman and man.  And how when he dies we as the wife are free to marry apart from the law.  JUST like us and Christ.  When we die to sin, we are free to marry the one who IS love.  And the One who has conquered death, so we will be in union...married to Christ for eternity.  What a glorifying truth!  It continues with two questions.  Number one being: What shall we say then, that the law is sin?  BY NO MEANS!  And number two being:  Did that which is good then, bring death to me?  BY NO MEANS!  After each question it of-course answers itself, that our flesh is responsible, and that the very law that promised life proved itself as death to our souls because we are rebels at heart.  Then it does this whole paragraph about how we have a divided will of spirit verses flesh.  However it ends with saying how much of a wretched person I am, but THANKS BE TO GOD THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST that we can serve Him, and have the battle of sin daily.
Below is a song that has a bridge that encompasses such biblical feelings for it all.  God saying, "You are clean", and me crying back how dirty I am.  What an image.

1 comment:

  1. so much goodness.
    especially the part where you use "ions" to mean LOTS of something. ;) I love you.

    ReplyDelete