Sunday, April 24, 2016

Making my way to the start line!

Weeks 8/9 have passed by in 'blog world' because honestly there has been so much depth that has happened I can't possibly explain it all.  As I said before, I felt like the first 1/2 was about ED, but the 2nd 1/2 is about life itself.  So.  Know that I am progressing and have been entering back slowly into more hours at work and will be back FULL TIME May 2nd.  That's right.

DISCHARGE DATE IS APRIL 29th-THIS FRIDAY!!

Countless sessions, almost 3 months of this group therapy stuff, and I finally 'get' enough to stand on my own two feet; Three Oaks approved.  I am stable enough to see 'both' sides sitting in group; getting to encourage the newcomers that Three Oaks is the best decision they will make and how it will literally save their life.  It's incredible to get to experience and then begin to provide hope.  I pondered writing more about discharge, but I want to live each moment to the fullest and so-I will get there next blog.  After it happens.
SO.
Now?

The last two weeks have been pretty fabulous with only one 'hiccup' that lasted 3 days.  I keep being reminded the gravity of neurotransmitters and levels in the brain and all that science-y stuff that I don't comprehend but trust my doctors to figure out for me.  Not that I ever questioned it, but I sure get it now.  I mean.  Dang.  I always thought and STILL think that people who don't 500% agree with modern medicine via 'pulling the Jesus card' are pretty ridiculous, but my thinking towards it has only increased.  I could rant about this endlessly because of various reactions from people, but-thankfully I don't find my identity in what you think, but only in what He thinks. ;)

I have worked on a project in art therapy that I am 'presenting' Thursday that is a 'timeline' we are all working on about our lives.  Well.  Mine is via a 'board game' type look and I must say I am pretty proud of it.  The timeline has to be all symbols and you can fathom how colorful and 'artsy' my board game is.  It's based off of 'Life' because cars and people keep getting added through the game and that is my life story.  Also some kind of 'Chutes and Ladders' and 'Sorry' collided with it to create 'The Journey of Meg'.

I have gotten to hang out with SO many people in #mytribe (I set my schedule up this way specifically) and that has been wonderful getting to tell stories of 'success'.  Of getting to summarize all that I have deeply learned and putting it into a picture of beauty.  I started out in complete disarray and had no amount of words to describe the abandonment I felt upon myself, and getting to experience both sides makes these moments all the better.  The level of 'normalcy' is just awesome within conversation.  I am thankful for my friends shifting their 'level' of comfort of conversation to where I am in life.  It's shown me who to talk this realm with in-depth, and who to share bits and pieces with.
It's just like training for my Ironman (I think people who 'graduate' from Three Oaks need a finish line as exciting as the IM!)  I have done the training, I am in the last week of taper, and my race begins Friday afternoon; THAT is the reward for all the work.  I have put in so much since October that the journey is only starting.  There will be moments of total wonder and elation, and moments of utter misery and questioning everything.  But, I know that is life and getting to even experience that makes it beautiful.  It's funny how the IM led me here, and same experience is applying upon leaving.

So.  Here we are.
Taking it one day at a time.  I plan to be 'here' for a while, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment