Monday, January 30, 2017

Learnings of the week

Well this week was a pretty significant one. I have the privilege of coaching 2 groups at Fleet Feet! I am coaching Walkfit and No Boundaries. NOBO has 2 programs though; a run/walk plan and a run plan. Walkfit has about 20 people and NOBO has almost 50! I can hardly believe Lesley and the team entrusted me with this endeavor. When she asked when I was coming home I told her I was unsure and she told me the pondering of me doing it and I was simply elated and decided that I'd be stable enough to do it. Honestly it's the best decision because that means I get to be on the floor less and coaching more-which is my passion.
Though I do love me some pool deck coaching too!
One thing I have been learning and trying to embody is where my identity lies. I so desperately kept wanting it to be in the things I succeed at: 'the girl who works at Fleet Feet', 'the girl who coaches people', 'the girl who did an IronMan', 'the girl who ran a *insert time here* marathon/ran x amount of miles'. But at Fairhaven I was none of those things. They knew I did those things, but I was simply Meg and it was the most refreshing thing I could've ever been known for. The girl that was here to strive to live in Self; being a passionate bubbly human being.
I know that is impossible to have 100% down here, but in my own mind I want to be able to see myself as simply Meg; nothing else. Some days are better than others', but starting every morning off with Jesus, with my passion of training, and simply sitting in silence starts the day in the right direction!
Studying for this stuff was fun for all records :)
I continue to be in awe over all the things I'm getting to enjoy. Example: Monday at work is sometimes 'coffee Monday'. There is this seasonal King Cake Latte. Everyone was getting it and joking about it; it came to me and I pondered. There was a King Cake brew that I could get, but let's be honest-the Latte sounds AWESOME! So, I took the plunge and went for the Latte. No idea how many calories is in it; what flavors it is; just the knowledge of that it'll be King Cake flavored. (ILOVEMARDIGRAS) So it arrived and I enjoyed every sip-I didn't gulp it down like brew coffee, I savored the taste and wasn't judging myself with it, but simply living with the moment of it.
That is a recovery win, and a turning point to see the life change that FH truly provided for me.
Yummines in a cup
So there's last week. Jumping back into life head first, but with the support of my roomie, work staff, church family, and friends being patient with the new schedule I am adapting to. 
Being the new person Fairhaven taught me to embody, and is continuing teaching me to be. Learning to handle life and all it brings without my primary coping skill (thank you Ed), but learning to take on life with healthy coping skills like journaling, art, piano playing, blogging, and all the things my heart enjoys.
My over the top ramblings of thankfulness for Fairhaven has not dissipated every time someone asks me how I am doing, and that in of itself attributes to how life changing the experience was, and is.
So- know I am doing pretty dang grand. Know I miss Fairhaven with everything in me. Know my heart lies in Jackson and simultaneously in Cordova. Know I am thankful for Fairhaven while being equally thankful for #mytribe of people who supported me the last year and a half of this storm. 
Know it's not quite over but the sun is equally as present as the clouds. The sun is new life, and the sun is hitting my life in all the ways possible. And that is something to be endlessly grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment