Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Next level

Bringing my life to the ´next level´ in Peru is an experience I don´t want to forget. It has been thrown in my path multiple times in the last week. Physically, spiritually, success-driven wise; some of the most important facets of me. (I am about to be like a 5th grader who is learning to write essays. I gave 3 points and now I will expound on them.)
I bought oranges. I told my friend the earth shook a little. 
Physically? Well, if you know me at all you know that I have accomplished a lot athletically in my 6 years of being active. I am at a standstill currently. I have no races on the horizon-which is very odd for me. The only time that has happened was when I first started treatment for my eating disorder. So, this concept is foreign. And I have been reflecting on why I run. Like-why do I? I run because #anxietydisorder. I run because I like doing adventurous things and it makes it ´easier´for me. I run because I feel better all day; it is in my bloodstream that I run-even when I don´t want to. 
Like this-white water rafting!
Spiritually? If you know me at all you know that I love Jesus, my dad, and running. (Dad I am going to have to be honest. When I first wrote that you were last but then I decided that is a bit harsh. Sorry.) Anyways, leveling up spiritually has been happening in multiple ways. I am in a bible reading challenge with Hannah Brencher where you read one gospel a week-as much or as little as you can. I set my goal to read each gospel all the way through each week.
I also have to laugh. This last weekend I went white water rafting; it was fun! So, the next Sunday at church, Chip made this analogy that our spiritual lives with God´s plan is like a flowing river. On the banks of the river are good people, and bad people-who all influence our lives. In the river you have logs and rocks-that is danger; ways for Satan to try and get a foothold. But ultimately you have a guide when you go down crazy rivers. You have someone who knows the river backwards and forwards. Someone who navigates knowing the big picture. Our navigator, the Holy Spirit, is exactly that. He knows our lives before, during, and after. Since He is apart of the trinity, He is also God; He is Jesus. He lives in us, and helps us be in the center of God´s will. 
God´s will for my life is not necessarily for me to of moved to Peru. God´s will for my life is that I serve Him with all my heart-if that means it is best suited in Peru, then so be it. However, I am LOVING that this is the way it is panning out for me. #redemption
He always provides-I love new friends! Meet Carolina!
Success-driven? If you know me at all you know that I adore Rachel Hollis. She is why I am here. She inspires me daily through her hilarious morning show. I am being taught that my success here in Peru is how I decide to define it. I get to be my own #dreamcatcher. For me, success is going to look like working full time and not having a mental breakdown (#goals). Success is freaking being here!! Success for others would look like doing x,y,z along with what I am doing. And I am ok with that. My version of success is different than yours, and I am excited to show myself I can succeed at my dream of living abroad. So far I am rocking it, and I hope that I am able to continue my dream of finally being here. 
Livin´it up yáll!
I was at the gym and the song Í will look up´came on and gosh that song gets me. It was what I clung to when I was in the depths of it. And now I get to see both sides. I will look back and see that You are faithful. I look ahead believing You are able. When I was falling, I could only see the second half. I knew there was more to come. Now I get to see the first half. To see that God has been faithful to keep me on this Earth. To be able to look back at when I was at my lowest and see that He was still faithful. I mean....I live in Peru. Clearly He is a God of redemption.
So folks. Here we are. I am here loving life. I am here making great buddies I hope stay with me for awhile. I am here loving Jesus, loving people, and loving the atmosphere that is Arequipa. 

1 comment:

  1. Your success is yours and what’s a God has planned for you- it can be difficult and challenging for you (and for those of us back home who miss you much). Praying for you, your dad (who is someone I am glad to have in my circle and the bestest vet ever!! ), and looking forward to when I can some hugs on ya!

    ReplyDelete