Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Beauty found in the best places

Another week in the books!

I have sure been learning a lot! I wish more people had the chance to live abroad. I fall more and more in love with the culutre here every single day (except the food-still don´t like it). I love how I get to walk to school, run and see beautiful sites (speaking in kilometers makes me feel more awesome than I am for running distances haha), hear Peruvian life stories, drink Inka Kola on the regular; study Spanish but I am in denial of how hard it is.

I made a new friend! She took me to one of the most beautiful spots in Arequipa. We walked to the top of this tower and gosh was it worth the view! It was breath taking to realize this is home. It was breath taking to realize how big our God is that He brought me all the way here to teach me more about who I am in Him. It was also breath taking to duh-see how beautiful it truly is. 


My new buddy, Isel! 
I am learning a lot about struggling. If you know me at all you know I have come a long ways to be here. If you have been with me for some time you were with me in the midst of my struggle blogs like this. No matter what you are with me now, so I want us to stand in awe of providence-God´s providence. 
It has not been an easy go to say as an understatement the last 2 weeks. God has so perfectly provided new and old friends from back home to be with me, and my new friends here to jump head first into it all. I am astonished at how one teeny tiny medication can make or break my world. *For all the haters in the back who do not believe in medication--come into my world for one day and then let me know your feelings.* But, I got it back and am coming back into the light thankfully. Most of my friends here do not know my life story, but God has provided them to me by encouraging me and keeping me laughing every day. They encourage me in my recovery and don´t even know it! #juicefordays


I am ready to get my own classroom. As much as I like visiting classes, I want my own students. I am ready for my work visa to get in so I can start living it up here!
But. That is about it. Nothing thrilling. Just. Living life--in South America.

No comments:

Post a Comment