Saturday, August 3, 2019

I choose to praise, to glorify the Name of all Names, that nothing can stand against.

This blog is brought to you alongside the Pinelake Q2 Spotify playlist.
My everyday walk home.
My days have been pretty cool this past week. I walk half an hour to work, jamming to Jesus music. I get encouraged from my US friends. They LOVE carbs here-so thank you recovery, I am alllllll about that. I figure out more about the grocery store everyday. I start my official schedule next week! I frequent Starbucks, and they STILL have't gotten my name right. Maybe one day.

I had the honor to WhatsApp video call my buddy, Tiffany, and her little girl, Brantley, who is my best friend as you can see below. She made me my own scrapbook page. She loves Jesus more fiercely than anyone her age. I miss her sweet spirit, and can't wait for my letter from her! (We are pen pals. lol)
Brantley's sweet scrapbook page about me! <3 nbsp="" td="">
Things that have been difficult:
-I couldn't figure out the stove by my self.
-Needing a translator for many things.
-Not having a set schedule (that changes next week!)
-I am one of the pickiest people around, so I don't like a lot of the foods. Not even eating disorder wise-but in general.
The view from my balcony :D 
I am learning a lot about myself. I am learning that I am not like other 20-somethings here. I like to be at my house, I don't like to 'go out', I like the same boring things to eat (my staples: chicken and rice at school; bread, PB, ramen noodles, and cookies at home lol).
The air here is too dusty for me (I am allergic to dust) so I can't really run outside very much, but I just got a gym membership so I'll be back on Strava soon my athlete friends!
Arequipa's nick name is the 'white city' because
it is the traditional type looking city. The building's
are 600+ years old!
I am reading Hosea now with my 'bible reading buddies' and I really love this story-it is basically about God's everlasting love for Israel-despite them running from Him. God asks Hosea to marry a prostitute, then the prostitute returns to her old ways, but God tells Hosea to go back after her. In the same way, God is with us. God unites us to Him, we run from Him back into our sin, but God still chases after us. What a story of redemption!!
Satan really wants this experience. I easily fall into sadness at any point of the day, missing basically everything about America. But walking outside and seeing God's creation brings me back to how blessed I am here, and my newfound friends here keeping me going.
Casually a view from my walk home. Cool huh!
Overall, moving abroad is an experience no one can prepare you for-no matter how many words. It is something I wish everyone had the opportunity to experience, and I am grateful I get to.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written. Glad to hear your set schedule is about to start.

    ReplyDelete