Thursday, July 21, 2011

band camp

OH MY GOSH!!
I had SO much fun at band camp :) I got to lead warm-ups mostly for trumpets and got to do 2nd part sectionals a little bit. I think it's bad that I thoroughly enjoy yelling at kids when they aren't marching/playing right. And let me tell you, I got my yelling out of me for a while. Some of these kids are just...not doing it. Moving at attention, not on step-simple things can not even be perfected. It annoys me. But the show looks great! I am incredibly proud of the GHS Admiral band and I am glad to say I am an alumni. It makes me want to major in my instrument-we will see where that goes. Either way I am SO excited to major in music-it is my inspiration for when it gets hard but I genuinely could see me teaching music the rest of my life-it's my passion. So yea. Band camp rocked. I am excited for next year already!

1 comment:

  1. Meg you truly have a GOD given talent for band-not music or choral performance, BAND. You are exceptional at everything it involves-marching, keeping time, being respectful, and DEFINITELY playing. I really, sincerely hope that you, one day, wind up either being this awesome professional trumpet player who travels around the world showing everyone how it's done; that you become a band director and show these KIDS how it's done lol

    ReplyDelete