Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This is not a post about me.

This is not going to be a post about my aimless life and what I did. No.
This is a post about what in the WORLD just happened this summer for me.
This is a post about how the Savior set me free in Him to trust in His providential ways.
This is not a post saying that I made it through the summer.
This is a post saying that without the Lord I am nothing.

I can not get Kamp Kanakuk off of my mind. I think the Lord wants me to remember how miserable I really was; to not just remember the fun stuff. No. I was in my weakest moments at kamp, and the Lord ONLY Him brought me up. Without Him I would not have made it through the summer- I can genuinely say that. And I find contentment of who I am and who God made me to be. Yes-I AM WEIRD. I am ok with that. I learned that at kamp- I don't need to try to be someone else. "I am free to be me." And I love being weird musical meg.
I think the Lord wants me to go back to Kanakuk family kamp next summer for July. And I am Oh So ready for it too. I know that I am not finished at Kanakuk family kamp. The Lord had me all to Himself this summer, and next summer I am ready to impact other people!
Exodus 14:14-kamp verse
The Stand, If I Die Young, Ben Rector, Relient K, Psalm 145- kamp songs/artist
My life is forever changed thanks to Kamp Kanakuk Family Kamp- where I didn't want to go at all, but good thing the Lord knew otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking I need to hear from you about Kamp but I guess I just did. I'm glad it was a great summer despite the pain and difficulty. Did I ever tell you about that time I was writhing in pain with Kidney Stones in Mozambique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh NO! I can ONLY impagine. PLEASE share this story!!!

    ReplyDelete