Sunday, August 21, 2011

God is the same everywhere-really?

So it's been too long since I have blogged. Like-2 insane life-altering weeks.
I have been at school for like a week and some odd days. I have done RA training. Very amazing people I get to work with-who love the Lord with their whole life makes interacting drastically different and it makes me want to strive to know the Lord more seeing my fellow RA's having such a close relationship with Him.
Move-in day was yesterday and it was great! My adrenaline was running like crazy and it was like my dream of fun! I loved every second of it. That night we did 'midnight mission' and it was amazing. Last year hall programs were kind of a 'downer' and not many people came. Dude- the whole 5th floor deck roof was filled with freshman. Only Jesus could have ever done that one. Props to Him. A few RA's talked and so did our RD Melony. Now I had conversed with Melony over the summer while I was at kamp-as we know I was struggling along. She e-mailed me and I wrote her and she probably thought I was a bit (a lot) loony and over the top but hey-it's me. Anyways, she said something that I know but it was a light bulb moment for me.
THE GOD THAT IS WITH YOU IN AFRICA (KAMP) IS THE SAME GOD THAT IS WITH YOU AT SCHOOL.

Can you even believe that? The God that got me through the hardest summer of my life-that I was TOTALLY dependent on-is the same God that I don't even think twice about during my usual day.
That slapped me in the face in such a positive way.
I am learning to let go and let God. It sucks a lot no lie-but hey, it's part of doing life with the Lord.

I start classes on Wednesday-it has not hit me. I can not believe I am a music major. I'm freaking out for the best way possible. If I'm good at it-it's God's sign for me to stay. If I hate it-I am not sure what I will do. God has my life in His hand so no stress....so I like to think :)

I love my staff. The 7 RA's and RD: Emily, Ann, Jen, Mary Catherine, Anna, Kayton, Hanna, Melony, and I make it up. And God placed them each there and we would not be complete without the other. Everyone has something amazing to contribute. And I feel so at peace with them and view them as my wonderful family in Christ-hey we are :) Melony is only 21 (22 in a week) and I swear she is so much more mature than us all. So yea I love New Women's East staff!!! :)

2 comments: