Friday, September 2, 2011

Life as I know it

So I have not blogged since school has started. And let me be the first to tell you MUSIC MAJOR IS INCREDIBLY BUSY. I mean every major is busy. But literally. It is up there with pre-med people. I have not hung out with my non-music major friends because I have no time. I need to change that. I spend a LOT of time in my room being anti-social because I have to always practice. This weekend is labor day and I am so excited because it means no more homework can be assigned. PRAISE THE LAMB. I love my classes. It is the best feeling knowing I am exactly where the Lord wants me. I do believe He let me get there at my own time. No way I could have handled this last year. I needed to be unsure. Or 'sure' in my eyes, but really I knew it wasn't what the Lord had planned. I am glad to finally be here of-what my major is. Now the next step is-what I am going to do with it. No clue to be honest. I can pretend I know..REALITY CHECK- not a clue. And I am ok with that because God has proved to me MANY times that He always comes through. HE WILL GIVE AN ANSWER.
Like China-I am going to China in Christmas. I had a spout of uncertainty and I needed that to reassure myself of why I am going. I am going to China to share the gospel with people who have maybe never heard the name Jesus. I can stay home and tell my family all I want-they have heard it and hopefully see it from me. However-these Chinese people need hope from a Savior who provides it. I want to share that awesome hope I have. And also-when I get back I get to share the cool things God did with us to my family. It's a win-win situation. So China-prepare to meet MegAnderson :)
Let's go back to music-it's kind of my life right now and I enjoy it. It is VERY hard-I mean I get so aggravated to tears many of the times, but the feeling of understanding it is like none other. I love that feeling-might be an addiction-but I feel it's a pretty good one to have! I am still getting the hang of being a vocal major and not an instrumental major. I was not sure if I was going to like it, but I LOVE IT. We all relate to each other and can talk nerd and everyone understand it-I just love that part. And Aven Hall is the best. The lobby is like an exclusive club for music major/minors to hang out/chat/homework before class starts. I just love the music majors.
The other part of my life is RUSH with KT. It is fun and hard and great. We spend most nights from 9 to 12 together practicing for rush skits. I can not wait to get a little :)
The last part but just as important is my job. Being an RA. I am in love with it. No really. It is the best thing ever. I get paid-to socialize and talk to freshman on my hall pretty much. I mean there are some hard sketchy things that go on-but hey- it makes it all the more fun :)
Oh yea- Jesus is in there too. He is the most important part of life. I thought I was going to have a hard time spending time with Him-and I was right. I practice ALL the time- and the amount of time I give Jesus is nothing compared to what I should. However I am getting to put to practice what I learned at kamp-how to TOTALLY and completely depend on Him for everything in life. I am still trying to learn to balance my time-but that will come.
One sad part of life-I do not hang out with my friends from last year. It really burdens me because for some reason I am ok with it. I mean not satisfied at all but I mean- I don't mind spending all my time in my room practicing, and I NEED to be social with the people who care most about me. I am struggling with balancing out school and friends. Not that there can be too much school- but if so- I have surpassed that level. I need to learn to CHILL and enjoy my free time.

1 comment:

  1. I love this whole post. your whole blog. and the comment about the Lobby. :)

    ReplyDelete