Monday, August 13, 2012

RA training week!

Well I did make it to America-though it took my heart 5 days to get here-ALL of me is back.  I have so earnestly prayed that it would join me at RA training and it totally has.  So praise for that.
My one day back at home was filled with wonderful memories and meaningful talks with my best friends.  Then up to school I came and here I am at RA training.  It is crazy-I am staying up past midnight every night; foreshadowing?  I hope not!

It is still semi-wierd to not be in my 'element' of C!C.  I miss how genuine life was there; I miss living with a Christian FAMILY.  I live with Christian girls who are my 'family' however I mean literally a family. I really hope the Lord has it in His plan for me to revisit for a few weeks.  Either way I know I will see each of them again at the feet of Jesus-PRAISE HIM!

One afternoon in particular we were decorating some butcher paper and 'Liberty' came on the shuffle of music and during the 'It is done!' I wanted so badly to grab Lillie's hands and spin, or just jump up and down with the Byer's-looking totally rediculous, but our hearts just crying out to the Lord in one voice.  Certain songs makes me yearn to see them again; to experience that liason of worship.

One thing I have learned at RA training is that-I AM ENTHUSIASTIC.  So-my worshipping of the Lord will look different than a traditionalist; it should actually.  I am uniquely created, so wouldn't it only make since that my worship of a unique God can and should look unique for my personality.  Example:  I worship through nature and crazy loud music.  My friend Margaret worships through doctorinal studies and traditional hymns.  And praise be to God that we are both bringing glory to the same God who chose us and formed us to do so..

Things that will keep me 'busy':
-RA
-RA ( I felt it deserves two counts)
-Band
-Choir
-Musical
-Class (obviously)
-in particular-BIOLOGY (ugh)
-Trumpet lessons
-Piano lessons
-Voice lessons
-KT
-friendships that I desire to keep/restore

I say all of that to say; I am dedicated to the Lord and being with Him because He loves me so much to save me; to redeem me from my awful sinful nature.  So in response I want to want to just spend quality time with Him because I mean-have you freaking seen a sunset over the beach.  If that doesn't just SCREAM of God's glory, I don't know what does.  So I don't want my time with God to be under my 'busy' category.  I want Him to alter and BE my 'busy' category.  Because it is only because of Him I am even here-for real.  Considering my major(s) now I KNOW my strength will NOT come from myself but from Him who supplies it.
So bring it on Junior year.  If our God is for us, then who could ever stop us.

1 comment: