Wednesday, August 29, 2012

random ramblings and Issac

Well as I sit here in Aven lobby contemplating that I am a junior in university and that I am attempting to be MC's first double emphasis music education major-I probably should not sit here-however with this weather I just feel like sitting here with my Cups coffee and chilling; so I am.

Classes have started and I absolutely love them as much as I did last year.  I am just incredibly thankful for the feeling of KNOWING in my heart, soul, mind, and body that double music edu. is the way for me. I also love this because my quiet times have started being consistant because I am such a scheduled person.  I love starting every day with quality time in prayer and soaking in His word.  It makes me wish I did it in Canada-however you live and learn right.

I am getting to know my kids, and know more of them everyday.  I am deeply in love with each one, and I just know the Lord is going to move in mighty ways this year; He already has.  We had our first rez life night and as an RA staff we each made a dessert and at the max planned for 80; we had 180 come.  However the Lord LITERALLY multiplied our food.  We had LEFTOVERS of numerous, delicous desserts and each girl got plenty; some got seconds.

I got to car worship with my KT twin-Becca and we saw the BEGINNING and END of a rainbow.  I had never seen a base before so that was simply stunning.  It was great to just scream, sing to God with my sister, with the wind in our faces.  I will forever love my Jesus car time.  It was also great to spend my Sabbath with her; I am doing the Sabbath forever for sure.  I am glad the Lord brought to my eyes how vital the Sabbath is for my week.

I have to address the fact that I still miss Canada-daily.  I don't go a day without thinking about my Canadian family, my C!C family, and my !group's.  I miss the intimate community, however I am striving to recreate it here; though it's tough becasue instead of it being created for me, I am the one creating.  However I know I will get to be with them ALL one day again. GLORY!

Now for the crazy weather we have been having.  There is a hurricane in the gulf of Mexico and is plummeting my house as I type.  And I am here in Clinton, MS; about to go play the piano.  It's my first hurricane not in Gulfport and it's wierd seeing the posts and not BE one posting.  My heart is with my family; praying that all goes well.  It has been 7 years TODAY since Katrina terrorized the Gulf Coast.  Restoration has indeed occured and it's beautiful.  I think it is amusing that Issac came on the EXACT day Katrina did.  I feel like the Lord is just laughing saying that there is indeed more to this day than Katrina; that the world does occur despite it.

I can hardly wait to see what the Lord has in store for me to learn this year because I have not a clue what to expect; that is what makes it all the more sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment