Friday, October 12, 2012

overwhelmed with being overflowed

My.  Life.  Is.  Awesome.
I went home-Yes-as in Gulfport.  I was home for 3 wonderful days.  Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday until lunch time.  I got to celebrate my Grandmother's 90th birthday with some of my family and it was awesome to have 3 generations of people in the same room.  We don't know how many more times it will happen, so I am so thankful to have been so close to my grandmother for as long as I will have the opportunity.  Then of course the fact that she will get to go join the choir in heaven worshiping the Lord is simply stunning.  She has severe dementia, so she doesn't know anyone, or pretty much anything.  It's sad, but she is happy and it makes it much easier to watch.
I got to go to my home church-BVBC and see my church family that has helped me become in Christ who I am today.  To get to tell them of what the Lord did this summer through me and in me was awesome.
Monday I got to see lots of people I haven't seen since May and it was beautiful reuniting's. 
Tuesday I did absentee voting and voted for Mitt Romney! WHOOP! :)

Yesterday I was walking to strings class with my new found friend, Kirk.  Here is how it happened from real life and then in **'s is what was going on in my head.
Kirk:  Have you been invited to Shawreth informal?
Me:  Nope!  *OHMYGOSH I am about to be asked to my first boy event at MC!*
Kirk:  Oh-well would you like to go with me to informal?
Me:  Yes!  Just let me know the dates please!  *AHHHHHHH first boy event!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. Ok self.  don't freak him out-keep it cool.  AHHHH!  NO-keep it cool.*
No.  Lie.  It was hilariously wonderful.
I am super excited to go with such a great guy of the Lord.  He tells me random things he is learning or that he really appreciates about creation; it makes my heart happy to know guys like that genuinely exist.
Kirk is a music education major-percussion.  Slightly hippie.  Quiet but not too quiet.  Yup-cool dude.

Also yesterday my Canadian family e-mailed me.  I e-mailed them saying how much I miss them and how cool it would be if I could come up there for Christmas break for a week.  They replied saying how they would love for me to and what not.  So-I am REALLY hoping it will all work out.  It will be expensive; so no more eating out or pretty much doing things that cost $!  But-that week will be so worth it! I can hardly believe I have the opportunity to see my C!C family again.  They have impacted my life so dramatically that I just want to cry from happiness. I probably will when I see my family I lived with! :) 63 days and counting!

Yesterday was pretty much the best day of the whole semester for sure.  I just had so many positive emotions I was just incredibly overwhelmed with life itself.  I called Michelle and she was just ranting how cool it is of how my cup is overflowing at the perfect time.  We perform the musical this weekend and next weekend 6 times so I am going to be so tired.  However I have so many great things happening it doesn't even matter.  And the musical within itself is simply amazing.  However life is so great I kind-of forgot that we open tonight!  I know I will blog more about the musical when my mind is not as freaking out over the two awesome things that occurred yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment