Monday, November 19, 2012

God is faithful; all the time.

Well I felt like it had been forever since I blogged but alas-it was like a week-whatever.
God has really been emphasizing how faithful He really is to do ALL for good.  First, one of my good friends and I decided to be accountability partners and not to be vague-but the way it happened was literally a God send and it could not have gone any other path.  Two, after going to TX it really hit me that I really needed a small group of people to do life with-but not university students.  Well, some great friends at home that participate in BSF in Mobile.  They told me there is a pre-BSF in Jackson where some ladies get together for an hour and have a devotional and pray that this kind of study will happen.  So I have been contacting the lady and I go Dec. 4, and come to find out they have been praying for a young woman to join them.  So the Lord put the connection together for us at the perfect time so that we would yearn for each other equally, and humbly.  I have truly been blown away by the fact by how intricately the Lord will work ALL things out for His children. (Romans 8:28)
I have also been doing the whole '30 days of thankfulness' and it has really helped me see how thankful I am for literally everything in this life.  Examples:  friends, family, coffee, talents, TV.  I often don't take the time to  tell God thank you for my flavored coffee beans or for How I Met Your Mother.
Another thing I came to realize.  At the start of the semester I had made a statement that I wasn't going to make any effort for new friends, and that I didn't need anymore.  Well let me be the first to say that God HAD to have be laughing when I claimed that.  I have made a new best friend, and become close to several new people this year.  I would have NEVER seen myself with these people, but the Lord knew that we needed each other and put us all together at such a time as this!

Now I am going home for Thanksgiving tomorrow morning and I am incredibly excited to get to see some people I have not seen since May, then my family I saw fall break, but to get to share Thanksgiving together with them ALL shall be interesting. :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! :) soooooo glad you're going to be a part of the prayer group. isn't it amazing how God works things out like that?!?! Can't wait to see you really soon!!!! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete