Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26th, 2012-Yahweh

I am so overcome by life I don't even have an appropriate title for it.
Either way I am home (at school) from thanksgiving break.  It was one of the best breaks I could ask for.  It was a momentous break for a plethora of reasons.  For one-it was the break where I realized I needed to have the 'missions' talk with my parents because I keep getting asked about post-college plans since my university time is now almost 1/2 way done-after that it is downhill for time left at MC-meaning apparently I need to know what's going on (LIES!).  Anyways I mean Jesus and I know what I am doing after school-going overseas.  However I needed to have this conversation with the parental's.  Now-please imagine going up to your parents and basically saying, 'Father, the child you will have spent the past almost 23 years helping achieve success, is going to by American dream standards-throw it all away for the sake of Christ, and she couldn't be more excited and anxious and overcome to.  Now-I know you don't understand any of that-so stop trying to and just go with the flow.'  Talk about heart wrenching.  Having to talk about life outside of school-about buying a one-way ticket, all the things that comes with living overseas for more than a year or two.  Lord willing I plan for it to be my life, and that is when it starts to affect more than just myself-and I am acutely aware of this fact.  Dad was asking lots of questions that a worried parent should ask-and I'm glad he asked them because it make me more and more sure of my 'calling'.
However the part that is fuzzy is how I am getting there.  There are so many options and organizations out there that are wonderful and Christ-centered.  Now to take this time to just chill and find the right fit for myself.  But the thing is-is I want to know now who/what I am going through.  Will I be teaching?  Will it be cold (for me-this is a HUGE question!)  But alas-God has not yet revealed any of this to me yet.  He is gently telling me, "Only in My timing My precious child." And I am scoffingly saying, "fine."  But NO-it needs to be like an obedient child saying, "Yes, Sir."  That shall come with time I guess.

I got to see my whole family which has been a while, and it was awesome to just have quality hang time and just relive old times, and go to lunch with some friends that I have gone to church with since high school.
My niece, Zoe, and my 2 nephew's- Jake (hands on knees) and Jonathan.

The crew of us- Cody, Andrew, Michelle, Amanda, Michael, and I.
Now I am back and I have 18 days until Canada and 36 until Passion!! I am SO excited for my Christmas break it's not even funny.  I am really struggling with staying here at MC when I know I am going to have a mind-blowing/God-seeing/convicting/friend-restoring Christmas break that I know my heart so needs.  I need to see God in a new light.  I need to have that real community back in Canada for a week.  I need to experience God in a small place, then in a GINORMOUS place where God will be moving the same way He is in Canada, then He will in Atlanta in the hearts of 60,000 university students.
Experiencing the same God at this local Farmer's market

Same God I experienced at the little train station-I'll experience in this setting.
I am going to do a new year's resolution that I have needed to do-but been fearful of-but after watching some friends do it I decided to jump on the band wagon after everyone is done with it. I am going to go on a 'boy fast'.  For one year-to not even ponder the fact of having a boy friend.  To strive to look at guys and not think, "Oh I wonder if he is Mr. It!"  My heart needs to rest in the knowledge that GOD is my romancer.  That I can glorify the Lord just as well without a boy beside me.  That He is genuinely enough.  I need a whole year to grasp this concept and I can hardly wait to see the journey God has for me with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment