Thursday, December 6, 2012

This is what I did instead of studying..

Well.  One week from now I will be DONE with finals and packing up to travel to the beautiful land of Canada.  Where I am allowed to use 'eh' and not be looked at (it's December and it's STILL natural.. #youknowyouarepartCanadianwhen)
Let's back it up a little though.  I mean it's been a little while.  What have I done?  Absolutely nothing too astounding.  I have not done a dang thing that has been overwhelmingly awesome.  And I am ok with that.  It makes me remember being in Canada.  Nothing super spectacular happened most days. It was simply living life-exactly how my heart wanted it to be.  I really learned this summer-but didn't realize until now-that it is ok to go to be sleeping by 11 if you can (and I DO when given the opportunity!)  I used to seek for things to do if I didn't have plans.  Now I let the plans come to me, or I chill in my room and am genuinely completely content with this lifestyle.  I think this is what it is like to be out of college-and I can hardly wait for it!

I have now had 2 dreams about Canada.  The first one was about my reuniting with my family up there and I think I blogged about it.  I had another last night about my reuniting-just like the first one.  However for some reason I hadn't brought the coffee I intend on buying and bringing up there and I know how much J likes coffee.  So I remember being really sad about forgetting it; I am now slightly paranoid haha.  But if I subconsciously am ready to go back-you can imagine how it is when I am awake.  I remember 6 months ago being SO anxious about journeying to the great north because I was so scared that I wouldn't be accepted, or that my family wouldn't be what I wanted them to be or wouldn't like me.  Now I am just STRAIGHT UP pumped to see all my Canadian friends, and my oh so wonderful family-whom is not what I could have ever prepared for-but in the best way ever!  I am simply anxious about this stupid cold weather up there.  I saw that it will get to single digits........and with wind chill-in the negatives.  *throws up*.  My friend, Em told me that it's so cold that snot freezes in your nose-I will remember to bring ample scarves.  So yes-8 days.  First thing is first.  To get past finals.  I will blog about how they all went for sure. If I live to see that far anyways ;) #butreally

So.  Legit.  Just saying.
I went to this bible study/prayer thingy and it was basically God's provision in a group.  They have been praying for a young woman; I have yearned for a group of older (not old-just not 20's) women to do life with weekly and share/pray.  Well I went and it's so great!  I think some of them are still trying to look past what I physically look like.  This is the first time I have personally met and will meet with people who didn't know me before I got my eyebrow pierced.  So they only see this crazy hipster looking college girl with 2 facial piercings; what a hethan right?! ;)  Ok but really-I can't wait to see how God is going to use my ridiculous hipster college phase of life for Him.  I genuinely do want to be used by Him, and desire for every ounce of my being to be His-including this piercing.  So-I can't wait to just chill here and watch God use me in ways that I don't even know about.  Let's do this.

Oh yea- I dyed my hair with Kendall and later Becca.  I was ready for it.  It had been almost a year!! That is the longest ever-since I started dying it.  So.  Here is the picture form of the experience.
before applying hair dye

fail.  I don't want to be a ginger.

anddd success!! Brown with slightly red.
So....yea.  That's my life.  Not too much.  Just chillin' here in America-at MC. Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment