Saturday, December 22, 2012

This one makes 'the books'

Well-I am currently in DC. And I have oh so many things I could say and I shall simply start with what has happened today, and what the Lord has taught me through it all.
So J took me to the airport-and I got up a little after 4am-and rode to the airport and got there and figured out everything with my bag, and got through security fine.  We were waiting to board the plane, when suddenly we got over the intercom that our plane was stuck in snow and would come when it was out.  So it comes, we board, and it was 40 minutes behind-that was fine at the moment.  So we get on and apparently some bar was frozen or something, meaning we had to wait 50 minutes or so to take-off.  Thus meaning I was going to miss my next flight.  So-I did and I went to the front and they sent me around until I found Air Canada.  The guy at the counter told me they would send me to Toronto, then Chicago, and THREE days later I'd get home.  I hysterically started crying, and slight hyper-ventilating because-that just sounded like hell on Earth basically.  So I call dad, ready to get on a train or something.  So I go back up there and just keep asking, and they found a flight to get home the NEXT night.  I mean-it was better-but meant I'd stay in DC by my self.  Note:  I am still crying my eyes out-so it was so awkward.  Ugh.  Anyways-dad said there was no trains, or buses, or anything, and that was my option.  So I took it and went to the next booth.  So I get there and apparently the other guy didn't actually reserve my ticket.  So I was useless.  And at that moment they told me that my luggage was in Chicago....great timing.  So I wait about an hour as they type and research for me and found a flight to Jackson, MS later TONIGHT.  I was ecstatic and oh so thrilled I'd get home for Christmas!  The thought that I might not make it back home until Christmas was daunting.  It was SUCH a long, draining process that I am incredibly tired that I can barely function.  However-I know that my friends across the continent were praying for me to get home, and I have decided that the Lord provided this moment, and I could not be more thankful.  So I got the ticket and was off on the metro to go to the mall to explore it for a while; it was AWESOME.  4 story mall=amazing.
I have really seen how 'not' grown-up I truly am.  That the second anything goes wrong I can't make these big decisions, but I call for help.  Now I am totally OK with calling my dad in tears asking for guidance.  But I tend to forget that I am capable of getting to that place.  I feel that this is a foreshadowing of Passion also.  That I am going to enter this utterly broken state of-I don't know yet-that I have to cry out to my Heavenly Father for help-and to take heed.  I can hardly wait to see what I will learn there.  For now-I will work on making it back home.
I will blog the rest of my Canada trip when I am more sane, and not sitting in the same airport since 10am.

No comments:

Post a Comment