Tuesday, December 18, 2012

If Jesus wasn't there-would I go?

Well-as I type this I am in some warm clothing, next to a Christmas tree, with snow on the ground in my vantage point.  Just watching the kiddos go up for nap time after a lazy Monday morning/afternoon since Caleb is sick.  Yesterday was the reuniting's I have been so long waiting for.  Getting to see all my Ottawa friends-it feels like I never left-precisely how I yearned for it to feel.  To not feel like a newcomer.  I know my way briefly around.  They can't fool me that Chinatown is 5 minutes away-I know it's more than that! (Dav!)  I am referred to as 'one of the interns from the summer' and I wouldn't want it any other way.

So with that-J proposed a question that John Piper's ultimately at C!C Sunday.  If heaven had everything you wanted:  all the food, pleasures, people, places-everything your heart desires.  But didn't have Jesus; would you still want to go?  That is probably the most brain racking question that I has happened since-the last time I was in Canada!  I can't stop thinking about it because I honestly can't answer it.  I would love to say NO-Jesus is why we go!  However I constantly struggle with Him because I am such a physical, visual person-that I often forget that Jesus is with me every step of my day.  That-He is how I am here-in Ottawa-or in America-at this phase of life.

I got to watch the kiddos Monday night and it was one of the best babysitting experience with 2 kids I could ever ask for.  Caleb was oh so helpful when Lillie would have a slight meltdown about mommy being gone.  Such a great big brother.  Tuesday I got to play the piano at the chapel at St. Pauls-where I played it practically everyday.

And...the snow.  Yes-I have seen RIDICULOUS sized snow flakes being up here and been in the coldest weather I have ever experienced thus far in life.  It's been fun to gaze at (while being warm inside!)
you know-just the front of my house-No big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment