Thursday, December 20, 2012

And the week continues..

Well-Tuesday night was a party night for sure in the snow filled city of Ottawa.  I went out with Tori, Emily, and Katie for dinner and (wait for it.....) drinks!  I am legal here in Ottawa, so after talking it over with my Ottawa crew-I decided that this was the place I wanted to experience my first alcoholic beverage-though I told myself I was going to wait til 21! So-we set off to a local pub right next to Em's house and the bar tender/waiter was super helpful.  Em and Katie told her it was my first time and so she gave me a while to decide and I opted for a Shirley Temple for my first choice beverage.  It tasted super delicious so I wanted another-so I got a rum and coke (with a lime slice).  I also tasted Em's choice of beers-I liked hobgoblin (Canadian draft).  It was pretty cool to get to hang out with some girls from my !group-and share life over something that in many peoples minds is taboo for Southern Baptists, apparently.  (I almost didn't write that-but hey-this is my blog so whatever.)  So we finished our drinks and then went for the 1/2 hour trek home for me.  They were so kind as to walk me all the way to Jason and Carrie's!  It was about 1 am-so I was really glad!
momentous occasion for sure!
Wednesday I went to lunch at Carleton U with Em and Katie while they studied away for finals, and then the whole !group went to The Works for dinner!  I like to get something different every time-and also taste as many people's burgers as possible ;).  Then Andrew, Dav. Jason, Tori, and I went to see The Hobbit.  However, I fell asleep half way in and woke up at the last 3 minutes.  So-I enjoyed my nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment