Monday, December 27, 2010

Redeeming Love

So I am re-reading Redeeming Love, and last time I read it I just zoomed through it in 2 days, and I didn't let it apply to my life because hey I'm not a prostitute, and never plan to be one, so I was like oh well that will never be me. So I read it from her perspective.
Now I am re-reading it, and just seeing it from my eyes.
I certainly don't have to be a prostitute to let Hosea have an impact on my life.
I mean we run from God...and I mean RUN. Just like Angel did in the story. She chose to live in a whore house over this perfect guy (Michael). Sure sounds like us with sin right?
We know that God is there, but just...don't want to have to give up our desires of the flesh. Don't want to humble ourselves to know that we are wrong.
Just like Angel. She'd go to Michael, then back to selling her body to men.
I mean I've certainly never done that, but I know I have sold my self to sin, and I want to be sold out for Christ.
God (Michael) keeps coming, never gives up on me (Angel).
So yea. Good book.
I plan to finish it gazing upon the North Carolina Mountains. I go Wednesday. WOOO!

I don't even know if that made sense..but..you know me if you're reading it.
I scarcely make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment