Friday, June 8, 2012

Canada life 101

I wish I had some great photos to share-however we know how much I take pictures of things like Michelle did in London.  Not so much.So I forget how long I have been here.  It's pretty awesome.  SO unlike kamp for all who are wondering.
I don't work 14 hour days slaving away at food.  However I did help 2 little girls with their daily routine ;).  I have seen first hand the best way to parent.  God has been teaching me so much this past week it is crazy.
I would be lying to say I have not encountered my share of being 'homesick' for Gulfport and my best friends.  I have-however I sincerely have asked God to put all of my heart here in Ottawa and He is fulfilling it.  Not in my timing, however it is happing and it is great!
I am starting to take charge at church with the duties that Amy did and it is pretty fun.  I love serving in this capacity.
I wish I had some awesome story of crazy things I have done-however I don't.  This is the life of a mom...or someone living with mom's and it is the best life I could ask for.  I can hardly wait to have a family and enforce some of what I have learned already.
Wierd or out of my 'groove' things:
-milk in bags
-some people leave there butter out
-they say 'eh' just like everyone assumes
-there is SUCH community which I wasn't expecting
-crime rates are rediculously low
-not as concerned with time as America
-everything is French and English (I almost said American HA)
-we eat every meal together
-no A/C

Yup....that's my life right now.  It's amazing.  Thank you for the prayers- I appreciate them, need them, and let me know how I can pray for you please.

4 comments:

  1. Coolio! :) I've heard about the milk in bags thing. Pretty weird. At least you don't have to move as many things to make room for it in the fridge. ;) No a/c?? I sure hope it's cooler up there than it is down here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a second. It's summer. You are far away from home. Where's all the moaning and groaning with abdominal pain? What am I supposed to worry about this summer? How your catapillars are looking? I think I like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan!!!! Hi. :D It sounds like you're having a good time! I hope you enjoy something new everyday, whether its learning the lingo or realizing yet another building does not have A/C.. Haha :) Also, I fully agree with picture taking. Its hard to take pictures, b/c I feel like taking the time with a camera takes away from experiencing it. It's like you're trying to prepare to remember it before you fully live it, weird haha. I can't wait to hear more about what you've done and experienced!! And I'm praying for safe, happy, fulfilling, life changing travels! You're amazing eh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed so much, Meg. YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT MILK IN BAGS! FREAKY! Also, my favorite part was: "they say 'eh' just like everyone assumes". I can hear you saying it in my head. I miss your voice and facial expressions already. Big love, twin!

    ReplyDelete