Thursday, June 21, 2012

resting in His promises

Here's to another great week in Canada!  Well right after I blogged last time-I went and got epically lost on the bus route and called Jason freaking out a little.  But alas I did get back home!
I have tried so many different awesome foods made by Carrie is crazy:
-potato salad
-meat loaf with some random good stuff
-coleslaw (not a fan)
-mac and cheese with spinach and salami
-sea animal intestines (not a fan either) (not made by Carrie)
Yup that has been the best part so far-is getting out of my cute little 'bubble' of chicken sandwiches everyday.
I also love going random places to just 'meet' people and get to form random relationships-I really hope to come back to Mississippi and be torn a little.  Becasue that means that I made relationships here that I don't want to leave; it means that both parties were transparent with one antother.

So right now I wish I had some awesome ‘story’ of what the Lord is teaching me. However I have nothing actually. Which is exactly what He wants me to learn and pour out; that sometimes He is not going to teach some dramatic lesson weekly. Or that when someone asks ‘what has the Lord been teaching you’, you don’t have to have some awesome answer like we all feel we need to have. Instead He is subconsciously teaching me to wait-to chill. To just REST in His timing of life; even though crazy family stuff, kids acting out and screaming all the time, annoying moments, and whatever else is making me question what the Lord is doing.
Because in Romans 8:28 it says, “and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” This means that all the ‘bad’ things in the world-God WILL use for good because it is all in His plan.

During bible study we watched this video and long story short the guy was at a point in his life that he had gotten in a dramatic car wreck and someone asked him what his answer was to why God let that happen.  And the guy said, "well to be honest, I never even pondered the question in the first place."  I was stopped dead in my tracks.  I don't know if I can ever get to a place in my life to genuinely be able to say that I don't ask God why.  I sure do ask God why on a lot of things!

Last night I went to wal-mart at 11pm and got fans for the house because FYI no A/C in the summer is pretty intense.  But for some reason I am not bothered by it-at all.  TOTALLY the Lord just confirming that this is where I am supposed to be for the summer and letting me enjoy each moment-even the ones I fleshly shouldn't-but we serve an unfleshly God who lives inside of us letting us experience moments of total peace-that was for sure one.
Today we went to Ribfest and it was LEGIT! I loved feeling temporarily down south.  Just everyone around a table talking, fellowshipping, eating messy, kids running around; it felt super great.
Yup-life is good.  However I can't wait to hug the neck of my best friends :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog post. I want to hear about these sea animal intestines? Oh yea, your family isn't crazy. We are just unique! Sound like anyone else you know? Skype me tonight. Grandma is here.

    ReplyDelete