Friday, July 6, 2012

Car Dieu est ta grand.

Eagles Landing came and left.  It feels like they JUST got here.  However the Lord destinted them to come for one week to serve, pour out, and be poured into.  We did crafts, games, and ultimately lived Christ for about a week in the Brantwood park.  Each day was a different craft so we got to personally know quite a few kids, mom, and nannys.  So we got to share Christ with quite a few people through doors that only the Lord could have provided.
The girls were simply awesome, and we all decided I am coming up there for Labor Day!!
And pictures will be on facebook soon from Brittany so I will steal some of them! :D

I am so tired from the week but so on fire for what I know the Lord has, is, and will do in Ottawa.  We went to the CNBC (southern baptist conference for Canada) conference and a guy there related it like dominos.  The dominos are in line, now it is up to God through us to hit the line and to let them go!  Also at that conference since it was is in Qubec everything is French-literally.  So we are at worship and everything is English/French.  So we sang quite a few worship songs and it was simply amazing to go from English to French and to know that though I didn't know directly what each word was-I knew that it was priase to God.  Then the songs I could do in French was an awesome experience to get to lift my hands in praise to Him in the language I absolutely love.  It definitely was a defining moment here so far and I am so glad we all treked over there for the night.

I can hardly believe that my time is half way up.  I start thinking about leaving and honestly just get very saddened because I know there is so much more for me to learn, do, and grow here.  And I just freaking LOVE every day in the beautiful, wonderful city.  I had to fill out a few summer mission forms of how my time here is each I have had to answer what is 'challenging' and to be honest I don't have any things that are terrible.  The only 'challening' part honestly is how drastically different my living situation is (for the better!); so I just talked about how it is challenging to live with a family you don't know for 2 months at first but it definitely is the best experience I could ask for.
I am getting started on my deepened relationships and I can hardly wait to see where they go.  I really hope to journey back up here sometime  and see everyone again.  Espically my family up here. As  I said I really feel a part of 'them' and their household.  I have learned what a godly family and parenting should look like and I have decided they should write a book ;)  Though I have been here for some very tense moments-this is what I need to see-to know how under crazy kid pressure how to deal with it in a godly way.  I seriously have loved each day in this house hold!

Oh-and ELEVEN days until my life dream comes true and I see WICKED on broadway!
I am glad everyone here knows me and how excited I get because there is NO way I would hold back how much this moment will mean to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment