Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WICKED has occured oh yea and life as an intern.

I am in my bedroom contemplating the fact I just saw my life ambition since I can remember-WICKED on broadway.  So many emotions at one time I can hardly contain myself.
So this is me and the stage set up behind me-SUPER excited to be there!

This is the view from my seat-NO zoom :) Worth each penny for sure!

I knew this moment would come-it means my time in Ottawa has to end eventually-which is sad.  But this moment I have so long antisipated just happened and it was so wonderful.
My expectations of it musically, visually, and theatrically were sufficiently fulfilled.  I loved EACH moment and could hardly believe I was watching what I have for so long listened to not truly understanding the meaning of each song-I now comprehend; it makes it all the more better.
I sat next to this mom and it was her seventh time and still cried multiple times!  So safe to say she was excited to sit next to me-an eager first timer-so we just cried together over how awesome the whole experience was.  I didn't think I would get emotional but hey-things happen at Shiz University!

I LOVE the story line and all the relationships-it makes it so meaningful and special.  My favorite scene was 'One Short Day' and 'Defying Gravity'-they both stuck out to me.  The songs that now mean much more to me are 'As Long As Your Mine' and 'For Good'.

WARNING:  IF NOT INTO MUSICAL CRITIQUES SKIP THIS PART:
This Elfaba did an AWESOME job at being..Elfaba and embodying the character and Glida wasn't exacltly what I expected but she was very cute and had an incredible voice.  I think Elfaba meshed better with Fiero than Glinda did-their voices were like butter!  I liked Elfaba and Glinda separate-however together-though they had their moments sometimes I felt it wasn't 'exaclty' on.  Baq was awkwadly funny at the dancing!  The Wizard's voice was good and all-but I felt he more talked than sung-which I guess is ok.  Elfaba and Glinda were awesome at going with the main voice line but changing a few things to really own it for themselves which was nice to see that they knew what they thrived at better (ie: trills, vibrato).  I really loved Nessa's voice-she stuck out to me and I could see her thriving at being Glinda-maybe just getting more of the 'belt' voice-but she has  the range and 'type' of voice to really own at it.  The mass choir people were AWESOME-I could tell how much they worked and it paid off-they synced together like a family which is important for a choir.

Ok WICKED rant over-that is NOT all I have done since I last blogged-it's been a week!
It was a normal week at the office-nothing to spectacular.  I organized a LOT of farmer's market stuff and it feels REALLY nice to be able to see my work and know it was something productive.  Other than that normal intern stuff of work and random things of awesomeness!

I am continuing to get close to a few key people here-which though I am SO glad to have such wonderful people-I am really sad because I know I don't live here and won't be back for at least a year-wierd eh.  But Caitlin had a really cool point.  She said that though she has brothers and sisters all over the world that who knows when will be the next time-if ever we meet up.  One day we will all be in Heaven together so it's not good-bye; it's see ya later!  That is reassuring for sure.

I love skyping with my besties back in the States to just see how life is going-it makes me excited for them and excited to know that my other life not in Canada is still there-though I LOVE this one.  It is fun to think and remember my friends I've known longer than 5 weeks!

Ok it's 1am here and I have yet to stay up this late except for Montreal-so good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment