Friday, December 2, 2016

Passionately committing

Well. I started week 6 blog, walked away, didn't come back, and now here we are to blog about week 7. That just feels awkward. 7 weeks of Fairhaven. 7 weeks of changing the course of my life.
I'm gonna try to not skip over week 6 because it was Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving day at the cabin with the fam. is always a party.
I had the best Thanksgiving Turkey Day 8k morning a girl whose missed Jackson could have.  I was greeted with such happiness and was elated myself. I jumped right back into the FF family. Staff has changed, but the closeness of our staff carries over; it's incredible. That made my anxious heart calm and apart of the family that my heart longs to be back with. The FF community was so welcoming and happy to see my face back. I was thankful to start the morning with the crew and I have no amount of words to express my admiration for everyone happy to ask how I was, and genuinely encourage my pause of life.
I love my staff. The end.
So the weekend was pretty big because MY SISTER GOT MARRIED Y'ALL! I was so happy to drive to NOLA to celebrate her. We ate lots of yummy foods, got ready, looked pre-tay, and celebrated!

I love my sissy!
Week 7 started off with a BANG. My individual therapist, Kelley, is gone this week for some training which makes me sad. Last week I did my first speed work session and it went GREAT! (6:15's baby!) I was supposed to race St. Jude 5K and had high ambitions to crush it. 
DUN DUN DUN. 
Wednesday I was running- did 1 800 @ RP and BAM. The all known too well fractured foot feeling came soaring back. Not as intense-but the same twinge, dull pain, annoying limp when I first stand up, and lots of other frustrating things.
So thankful for such close friends like Elizabeth to encourage me in running, recovery, and life in general. Doing life with #mytribe is worth recovery.
Another aspect I am thankful for is a December Christmas bible reading plan I'm doing with Elizabeth and Amanda. In Isaiah 9 it talks about what the Lord is going to accomplish with the Messiah. I am always blown away by the fact THOUSANDS of years before Jesus was here, He was being prophesied about and worshiped. One phrase my recovery bible used in v.7 was 'passionate commitment'. It was specifically talking about how the Lord would do all the things He said he would in the preceding verses, like bringing to light darkness and giving birth to Christ, our Mighty God.

Passionate commitment.
THAT is what I want my recovery to embody.  I have been making strides and claims to 'love hard'; to be an 'activist for voices who can't'; to 'follow my passions'. And. THIS is it. Passionately commit to recovery and the rest of life will fall into place. JUST like following Christ and being in His word will simultaneously put us in the center of His will no matter the circumstance. Being in His word; passionately committing to recovery will get us to full recovery and redemption in Him.
Recovery wouldn't be possible without these ladies by my side. Processing my life, their life, and all that encompasses it.
Apart from my Jesus time, group itself is good. I am learning a lot about separating Ed from Meg. (He is officially a person vs. MY person-which is a big deal) Getting to talk about him, to him, and pretend to be 'Him' is pretty powerful. We talk to and about Parts of us like: perfection, self-critic, Ed, and various others. It's intense classes, but makes recovery worthwhile.

So. Week 7 done. I'm discouraged because of my foot, but encouraged because I am still trekking along despite physical setbacks. I'm elated to go home for my FF fam. Christmas party and get to have a fun night celebrating us.
Bring. On. The. Fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment